dand5250

dand5250

Hello there.
ok,so ive a 53 reg ZT 160.Ive put a full stainless Peta Exhaust on it.K and N filter and had Superchip fitted.Guess what?Virtually no power gain but about £600 worse off!HaHa!NOT!!!What would you guys reccommend me do to liven the beast up a wee bit?Moneys bit tight at mo so cheapest options 1st ok? lol!!!!!!:lol:

Hi there dand5250 and welcome to TorqueCars. £600 for no power gain, that is a bit galling. I would put the standard air filter box back on and see what that feels like (just to try out an idea of mine - I think you will be pleasantly surprised).

Fast road cams are probably your best next option for a power hike. What is the mileage like?

thanks for the reply.The air filter is still in the standard box?Hmmm?Think ive bin diddled!Mileage is 63000.

HI Mate,

The problems with people superchipping is that unless you have a dyno run before and after there is no proof!! I would fit a cam, lots of potential in those engines, Also maybe a head flow,

You've been taken for a ride my friend. The standard Siemens ecu can handle all those mods on its own without the need for a superchip, it is adaptable. Exhaust and a good induction kit with a good cold air feed will make a big difference over a panel filter. If you do this, disconnect the battery for about 30 mins and then re-attach it and go boot it for a few miles, it may 'learn' the changes, I am assuming the 160 has the same ecu btw.

Why not fit the throttle housing, air filter housing and cold air feed from a 190? This may help a bit, however the 190 had different inlet cams and timing as is the ecu iirc. So don't expect big gains.

I agree about there being no need for the superchip. Although i dont think the 160 ecu is as adaptable to modifications as the 143 ecu.

Next step is to get a reground exhaust cam and offset dowels to alter the timing. Should see a healthy gain from these :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back