dand5250

dand5250

Hello there.
ok,so ive a 53 reg ZT 160.Ive put a full stainless Peta Exhaust on it.K and N filter and had Superchip fitted.Guess what?Virtually no power gain but about £600 worse off!HaHa!NOT!!!What would you guys reccommend me do to liven the beast up a wee bit?Moneys bit tight at mo so cheapest options 1st ok? lol!!!!!!:lol:

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Hi there dand5250 and welcome to TorqueCars. £600 for no power gain, that is a bit galling. I would put the standard air filter box back on and see what that feels like (just to try out an idea of mine - I think you will be pleasantly surprised).

Fast road cams are probably your best next option for a power hike. What is the mileage like?

dand5250

thanks for the reply.The air filter is still in the standard box?Hmmm?Think ive bin diddled!Mileage is 63000.

A

AutoCustomEng

HI Mate,

The problems with people superchipping is that unless you have a dyno run before and after there is no proof!! I would fit a cam, lots of potential in those engines, Also maybe a head flow,

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
You've been taken for a ride my friend. The standard Siemens ecu can handle all those mods on its own without the need for a superchip, it is adaptable. Exhaust and a good induction kit with a good cold air feed will make a big difference over a panel filter. If you do this, disconnect the battery for about 30 mins and then re-attach it and go boot it for a few miles, it may 'learn' the changes, I am assuming the 160 has the same ecu btw.

Why not fit the throttle housing, air filter housing and cold air feed from a 190? This may help a bit, however the 190 had different inlet cams and timing as is the ecu iirc. So don't expect big gains.

Munday

Torque Junkie
Car
Glanza V
I agree about there being no need for the superchip. Although i dont think the 160 ecu is as adaptable to modifications as the 143 ecu.

Next step is to get a reground exhaust cam and offset dowels to alter the timing. Should see a healthy gain from these :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.