daihatsu under 1000 cc displacement

yuliuswijaya186

Car
daihatsu ceria
hi,
i drive a small daihatsu city car with only 850 displacement.
what do you think i should have do with the engine?
turbo or n/a ?

the spec

displacement : 850 cc
number of cyilinder : 3
bore x stroke : 66.0 x 81.0
cdi ignition
fuel system : carburetor
front wheel drive

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to meet you. To be brutally honest you will spend a lot of money tuning this engine for a very little power gain.

Interestingly the Charade GTTi engine was turbo charged and put down quite a bit of power, your car will cost a fortune to turbo charge but you may find that it is possible to do an engine swap with the Gtti engine.

You will almost certainly need to do the gearbox and will need better brakes.

i honestly have intention to put a turbocharger inside its engine bay, but there is no small turbo in good condition here. in indonesia, there is no charade gtti but there is charade turbo here. i'm still looking for small turbo, do you have any idea what turbo i can put inside it?

I suggest that you fit a small supercharger for your 850cc engine, something like an Aisin AMR 300 would be ideal for your engine, and at 7PSI, will give you a hefty boost

ooooo
supercharger? at what level of compression did the supercharger needed to work properly? because this engine have bad material, and i can't find any racing part substitution for its engine, do you think 9,5 : 1 will be good?

ooooo
supercharger? at what level of compression did the supercharger needed to work properly? because this engine have bad material, and i can't find any racing part substitution for its engine, do you think 9,5 : 1 will be good?

9.5:1 compression ratio is too high, you will have to reduce it to around 8:1 if you wish to supercharge your engine, Alternately, since you already have a high compression engine, why not do some work on the cylinder head and improve performance? think about this route to more power.

but i'm still prefer to put a turbocharger in the hood, coz i like the blow off sound... anyway, how many horsepower is ever been the biggest result for porting and polishing?

you still hav the blow off with a supercharger as there still is pressurised air bewtwen the charger and throttle body to get rid off

hi,
i drive a small daihatsu city car with only 850 displacement.
what do you think i should have do with the engine?
turbo or n/a ?

the spec

displacement : 850 cc
number of cyilinder : 3
bore x stroke : 66.0 x 81.0
cdi ignition
fuel system : carburetor
front wheel drive

u need complete engine wiring, cyl.head , intake manifold ,t.body from mira 660 turbo l200s , that begining for add turbo . easy 120whp with this setup turbo .