D16A6 parts in a D16B2??

djmca2008

Tuner
Car
Civic Aerodeck D16
Hi all, i have the D16B2 series engine which is about 115bhp stock. Ive been told that the cams from a D16A6 will fit with the cam gear from a Y7/Y8 to give better lift and performance.The D16A6 is from the MK4 civic or MK2 CRX, does anybody know if this is true? Also, i have found a chip for the ECU but again its for the A6, is my ECU the same or different?

Thanks

The stroke on the engines is different and the B2 block is shorter so there are some differences between these engines and the ECU's and cam durations will be set up for these differences.

An engine swap to the D16A6 would be better and easier to do than a "mini me" conversion.

Thanks, really wasnt sure that was true. Im looking out for a good Vti-s lump with gearbox etc as it has the most potential for tuning. If im gonna do a swap then im better doing it with the best performance engine i can find. Had been suggested to turbo my engine but for the same money or less i can swap for the bigger unit with prob the same power gains. I dont think there is much tuning potential in the b2 engine so no point spending lots of ££££ for small bhp gains.

Will do. I have added a stainless manifold to my o.e engine and its made a difference but its never gonna be a rocket ship without a fortune spent on it. I know someone said before the units that plug into the air temp sensor to increase performance can wreck the engine by over fuelling. Is this true even if you use super unleaded with the higher octane level? Also, does it make a difference to any engine changing the fuel pump to a performance one with a performance pressure regulator or does the amount of fuel used stay the same as its the ECU that controls it?