Cutting out/ not starting

Petejennings

Car
Nissan primera esta
Hi all looking for a bit of inspiration i have a 54plate nissan primera estate and until now it's been fine but recently i can start with no problem ( new battery ) and run as normal but when I turn the engine off it will not restart for at least 20 minutes and then restarts as normal but today it has cut out on me whilst slowing down for traffic lights . Can anyone shed any light on the problem . Please . many thanks pete

Have you scanned for codes? The cutting out when slowing down sounds like a fueling issue but that wouldn't explain why it doesn't start for 20mins.

The following experience I had with my track car will most likely not help solve your particular problem but strange things happen and they can be difficult to find.

I can recall when my old car suddenly lost power shortly before the finish line and it rolled past it and a bit further and I checked fuses, connections ,plug wires etc and tried to start it but it cranked over many times after checking everything I could but nothing .

I tried everything I knew for nearly an hour while waiting for a fellow competitor who was an auto sparkie to come to see if he could find the fault and in desperation I tried one last time and it started and ran perfectly and was able to compete again that day and it never happened again and was still running like a Swiss watch when I sold it some years later.

My late brother in law bought a new Discovery and it would suddenly stop at various times and not start again for 15 minutes or so and it was eventually tracked down to a wire running thru the firewall.