Custom Hub Flanges

skalcsits

Car
MG TF 135
Good day all;

I have a bit of an ambitious long term plan for the brakes and wheels of my '02 MG TF and it all pins on having custom flanges with a different wheel pattern fabricated. I am tentatively planning on moving to larger, 2-piece brake discs all around (280mm by 22+mm vented up front and 280mm by 20mm vented at the rear) with custom bells and aftermarket calipers. I am looking for a good machining shop that will be able to help me out here in the UK with producing some new flanges with at least 4 by 100mm bolt PCD. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Steven Kalcsits

True, it's not absolutely required, but makes it much easier to find the wheels with the dimentions and offset I want. Also it could make finding brake disk bells easier to find, and cheaper too.

Are you planning a track day weapon?? otherwise a good set of pads is all you need for a fast road car :confused:

Someone like Image Wheels, for example, will be able to supply the PCD and offset you require:

Imagewheels.co.uk

A lot easier, and cheaper, than getting bespoke hubs made.

I would be surprised if someone like HiSpec couldn't supply bells and rotors to suit your car:

http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/

No point in reinventing the wheel......hub :)

However, design what you want and any competent CNC machine shop could make them for you. That's how I made my adjustable front wishbones, but only because what I wanted wasn't available.

Than you for the feedback. My end goal for this car is essentially a track day car, w w extremely street-able too. That's why I want to go with 280mm brake disks, rather than 300+mm. I want the taller sidewalls on the tyres for a bit more comfort on the streets. As for changing the wheel pcd, I intend to bring this car back to Canada with me an 4x95.25mm or 4x3.75" wheels are pretty much non-existant on the market

You could look at these:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/wheel-spacers-and-pcd-adaptors/hr-hub-centric-pcd-adaptors

Are there no wheel manufacturers in Canada? Or are you looking to find off the shelf wheels with the right PCD and offset?

With regard to the tyres, you will have difficulty finding a high aspect ratio tyre that performs well on the track. IMO the best course is to run two sets, one comfortable set for the road and one street legal track set for the roundy roundy stuff. If you don't mind changing tyres at the track get a set of race tyres.

Eventually I intend to run two set o wheels and tires, the 15"s for road an 16"s for dry track. I have been pleasantly surprised with my current 15" all-seasons on wet tracks though.

The wheel manufacturers in canada focus mainly on the pavement princesses (huge pickups with massive off-road kits but never leave the asphalt), so really are not necessarily the best places to go for lightweight Motorsport wheels. So off the shelf wheels are more than likely what I will end up going to

Off the shelf is cheaper but you may find it difficult to find the offset you want.

With regard to changing the PCD, another option is to look into re-drilling your existing hubs. This will depend on how they are constructed as to whether a new set of holes could be drilled 45 degrees away from the existing and that the hub has sufficient diameter to accommodate the new PCD.

Or the existing holes could be plugged, welded and re-drilled. The ease of this depends on the quality of the hub material.

Both of these options and the PCD adaptors would be a lot cheaper than getting bespoke hubs fabricated.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back