Custom gear knobs

billyo

Track Warrior
Have you changed ur gear knob. What do you think looks the best?

I want to carbon fibre my interior with the stick on tab kits and thought about getting a carbon gear knob so what do you guys think of them.

What styles have you gone for in ur interiers?

Gearknobs in the fiesta was left alone but had EL wire running up around the shaft, looked great at night.
Civic had a plain aluminium one then a carbon/chrome version on it.

my dash is currently wooden so is the gearknob, however im currently about to fit a monitor in the double din. this requires cutting alot of the radio cage so have got spare, problem is the spare one is black and cant have the wood added so looking at the beetle turbo gearknob
1C0shifter_146x182.jpg

Nice and simple but with the 6th gear version

There's a lot to be said for keeping it simple. I like the carbon fibre look but it can look really tacky with cheap parts.

make sure you take your time and do it right, as far as your dash goes. make sure everything is clean and ready before even touching the kit. also use rubbing alcohol to clean the dash, takes off alot of the crud and doesn't leave behind a residue like some cleaners can. as for a gear shift. i had a silver skull with blue neon eyes in the z.

The Skull sounds cool in a creepy horror kind of way. Was it battery driven or did it take a feed from the 12v?

radar detector, cell phone charger, gear shift, lights (2 sets(the small underseat style, hate trying to find something at night)), gps, laptop for diagnostics and internet when traveling, ipod to fm cradle/charger/transmitter (didn't have an aux port on radio) and then the misc other items that come and go with passengers.

lol in my scenic i used to have one of the four way 12v ports, one came with switches to control each one :eek: then haD blue led bars under th fron and rear seat :lol: was ace

might go for red in my xsara now, wouldnt mind an illuminatin gear knob, as long as it look the part