Custom Exhausts

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
I'd like to see if anyone has any recommendations as to where I should go for a custom exhaust. I've looked at MIJ performance quite a bit, and I'm generally sold. Even though there are mixed reviews out there.

Looking at around £250 for the setup, in stainless steel, with lifetime warranty.

Well, nowhere for £250 all in that I know off! and certainly not with a guarantee! Down south anyway! :amuse: But if you do find someone and he's any good then please let me know! The best of luck to you ;)

Well, nowhere for £250 all in that I know off! and certainly not with a guarantee! Down south anyway! :amuse: But if you do find someone and he's any good then please let me know! The best of luck to you ;)

don't know where abouts in london you are, but there is a place not far from me, well a few places to be honest....

just up the road i have TOTD (torque of the devil)
and a bit further a place called edwards motorsport.
and a little way up the motorway you have prodrive...

don't know where abouts in london you are, but there is a place not far from me, well a few places to be honest....

just up the road i have TOTD (torque of the devil)
and a bit further a place called edwards motorsport.
and a little way up the motorway you have prodrive...

All well known, but an SS system for £250?

Last edited:
All well known, but a SS system for £250?

unless you can weld, it's not going to be easy, i've been trying to learn to weld for some time, but just can't find anyone willing to show me the basics...

i think to get it for that price it would have to be second hand, or an off the shelf kit as opposed to a custom build for a specific car... but then again, i'm more than likely wrong....

unless you can weld, it's not going to be easy, i've been trying to learn to weld for some time, but just can't find anyone willing to show me the basics...

i think to get it for that price it would have to be second hand, or an off the shelf kit as opposed to a custom build for a specific car... but then again, i'm more than likely wrong....

At that price yes I think an off the shelf might be possible, but custom?
I live near Canary Wharf in London and had systems from Profusion Customs in Slough, two systems from Powerflow in Croydon, one system from Elite's in Rainham Essex, one from Abbott Racing in Wix Essex, and another from Neo Bros in Herts. In all of these places the cheapest price for a custom SS system was £680 plus the VAT from Elite's.

i was working at canary wharf for a while a couple of years back.
i'm out at the end of the central line. Ruislip gardens.

the thing i've found is, when it comes to cars, custom basically means expensive. the majority of the time anyway...

I got mine for £300 and thats from the turbo back.
Didnt loz just have a system done for around the £300 mark on his mg and before that on his 100r?

For cat-back it's not more than £300 for where I've looked, they've worked on a 160SR before and I've seen the result and seems excellent. It's T304 stainless steel, and IS covered with lifetime guarantee.

I'm situated in South Yorkshire so London's too far, and the quote was £244. Everything is made custom in their workshop, nothing's off the shelf, And I think there's over 40 choices of silencer tips too.

For cat-back it's not more than £300 for where I've looked, they've worked on a 160SR before and I've seen the result and seems excellent. It's T304 stainless steel, and IS covered with lifetime guarantee.

I'm situated in South Yorkshire so London's too far, and the quote was £244. Everything is made custom in their workshop, nothing's off the shelf, And I think there's over 40 choices of silencer tips too.

That sounds marvellous, let me know how it all goes :bigsmile:
As for London! you have some explaining to do about your prices I think! :bigsmile:

the thing i've found is, when it comes to cars, custom basically means expensive. the majority of the time anyway...

No, GOOD means expensive. Most of the time anyway. I've never seen a powerflow exhaust that was any better than average. I would rather have a decent off the shelf exhaust from the likes of Milltek than a poor "custom" jobbie.

No, GOOD means expensive. Most of the time anyway. I've never seen a powerflow exhaust that was any better than average. I would rather have a decent off the shelf exhaust from the likes of Milltek than a poor "custom" jobbie.

Agreed. After having a custom (Powerflow) exhaust and having an off-the-shelf exhaust you really do get what you pay for. The off-the-shelf exhaust was twice as much, but it was also worth it as it was a better fit, specifically designed for the car.

I got mine for £300 and thats from the turbo back.
Didnt loz just have a system done for around the £300 mark on his mg and before that on his 100r?

£250 for the MG (cat back system) & £230 (decat system) for the 100R. MG was done at Kingswinford tyres & the 100R was done a Unique Exhausts in Stafford.

My mate has just had a Stainless system made for his Octavia VRS by Ashley Exhausts in Walsall & he was very impressed, said the guy's Tig welding was the neatest he'd since leaving the engineering firm we both worked at.

Is that the place that used to be midland performance? How much did your mate pay Loz? If you could get pics that'd be great as it's only 15mins up t'road from me!