Custom Carbon Fibre Service

CarbonSport

Myself and my business partners are in the process of setting up a business to sell custom made carbon fibre parts, like wings, bonnets, doors, dashboards, door cards etc. So we would use your current parts to create carbon-fibre replicas.

The reason for this post is to get some opinions of people who would be interested in such a service and ask how much you would be willing to pay for each part. Any feedback you could leave would be of great help.

Justin

Unfortunately I cannot mod my car, alas;

Would you be able to mold vents/etc into the Carbon Fibre? Eg, an air intake on a bonnet?

Yes, that can be done. As I am doing some market research at the moment would you mind giving me a figure as to how much you would be willing to pay for such a product? This would help me greatly with my research. Thank you

Justin

Hi Justin

A few questions

Where are you based?

Are you talking wet lay up CF or vacuum and autoclaved?

Pure CF or CF faced with GF backing?

Example Item I am interested in:

1967 Lotus Elan door. Dimensions approx 1000mm x 450mm x 100mm. The alloy fixing bobbins I can supply. Need to be very light but rigid.

Lightweight GF version from Tony Thompson racing is £302 plus vat.

Steve

PS Waynne. Photos still not attaching to message, even using Go Advanced. What is this Old-Git doing wrong?

Last edited:
I'll look into the photos thing - there could be a bug! Or it may just need to be made a bit more intuitive.