Current Potential Power Gains

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hello all as you have seen i have been purchasing a few mods to add to the car lately just wandering realisitically what power increase shall I be looking at? even 2 BHP would be success to me

These are the Items

New Clutch
New Performance HT Leads
New Performance K&N Induction Kit
New 4 x Bosch "Super" 4 Spark Plugs

Soon

New Light weight Drive shaft

So what are we looking at here in all honesty as this so far has cost me about £200

The K&N MAY give you an extra BHP or 2.
The clutch won't, nor will the leads or plugs, although they may give you back what you had lost with the old ones.

What do you mean by lightweight driveshaft?

A reduction in weight won't increase BHP but will improve performance, albeit by a tiny amount unless you remove a lot.

Again, no increase in BHP. Engine may feel a little more responsive in neutral but, with such a small engine, could make real world performance worse.

hmmm as long as i gain back what i lost atm the engine is running at roughly 40 - 50 but once i get all the leads back on e.t.c. and properly have a go with these new bits should get back up to 60 - 70

I think a decoke would help free up those lost ponies. Run some BG44K through a tank of fuel and see how it is after that!

I'm sure the car will feel greatas it comes to stock form, better throttle response, breathing slightly more freely. But HP gains? not likely very much. But again, all of what you are doing is essential to a build if you're going to do one. Have fun with it. It may not feel amazing on long jaunts but hit it hard around a corner, or launch off the line, and the car will feel great. You'll have fun with it.

(I'm trying to get away from my usual "Giant turbo! do a full build!!" madness. Although a giant turbo and/or a full build would net you some good ponies.....)

Well when i get the money and time i do want to upgrade the engine to be up there with the HGT engine and take it further i mean with enough love, care and cash my car has a 200 BHP Potential would cost about 2,000 tbh though