Crazy Pug world Conversions lol.

Well, what can I say... I think Petar has a thing for pugs lol. So far theres a 205 CJ cabby that is having the beasty Mi16 engine fitted into along with all suspension, looms, box, bumpers, brakes, interior etc. Then theres the 205 diesel which the Mi16 is coming out of. Then theres the cool rare 205 Rallye which is havin gthe original engine rebuilt and having twin 40 carbs fitted with roll cage, coil overs, pug sport straight through exhaust plus loads more. Oh and last but not least the latest addition, the 306 Cabby which is having the engine replaced with a 306 S16 engine (the later 2.016v) with a 306 GTi6 6 speed gearbox, Mi16 wheels, suspension brakes etc.

So good couple of projects going on here. I have a few piccies of the Mi16 being stripped which we did the other day, the state that the Rallye is in and also the Cabby the engine is going into.

So, as i'm off up there today to help do some more work, i'm gonna take the camera and get more pics and upload em when i'm back, so expect pic heavy ;)

i have got spring compressors, i jst couldnt be bothered to find them lol, does look good, i cant wait till its done, shud be all finished and ready for modified nationals at peterborough show ground

Well done mate. I still can't believe how fast it's gone together. Any further forward with the front panel?

yeah sound, curlys pug is very ill lol, needs new bonnet, wing, bumper, headlight, radiator and god no's wt else lol, that's what happens when you try and find out how strong the rear end of a van is lol

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. So thats another mint car off the road cuz someone can't drive. Anything off it you can get for the CJ?

Ah fair enough. I wouyldn't bother myself as the only thing that car had going for itself wa the fact it was mint lol

Well done on getting it ordered pal ;) When you get it, give me a bell and i'll come up and help you finish the old beast off.

the front pannel has arrived, it is being fitted on saturday wich means a very busy day on sunday putting the front end back together, badger could you come over saturday and take some pictures of the front end being fitted please.

Bit of an update today guys. The car is well on the way to be completed i'm happy to say. New front end has been fitted aswell as the body, work lights, exhaust system etc.

One problem did arise though. At first we were having trouble getting the car to turn over. One quick play with the wires and found a loose connection. So sorted that easy but then realised we had no spark. Petar then discovered that the sensor on the top of the gear box was in the wrong place by about 3cm so after a chat with a professional from Pug Performance, we then found out that if the sensor is out even my 1mm then it will mess with the running of the car and if far enough out, wont give you a spark.

So today, the 205 CJ is getting another conversion... the 6 speed gearbox from a 306 GTi6 lmao. So this car will have a 2.0 16v tuned engine with a 6 speed box in a cabby...lol! So this is what we did this morning. The gearbox was removed from the 306 S16 and fitted to the CJ. This took about 2 hours, and when I left Petars to come and get some food, he was at the stage of fitting the driveshafts back on then should all be good to run ;)

But anywho, this is what the 205 CJ now looks like (will sort the pics of the gearboxes later ;) )

she's alive, gear box is in, i can select all 6 gears and reverse with ease, i think we have an air leak somwhere as she wont rev up and keeps bogging out, other than that she starts straight up with no problems, all the dash is bk in to

to be fair i had it sat in the 306 s16 and jst thought i would fit it in the 205 convertable.
it was one of those spur of the moment things lol

rite then, we have been busy today, the car is now running sweet as a nut, i accidently wired the earth for the fuel pump into the rear lights like a muppet lol,
i have just come in from the garage, all the lights are know working,
tomorrow were fitting all the interior back in, i have got to take the rear passenger side calliper of as i have snaped the bleed nipple and have it removed, handbrake is all conected, the only big thing left is the roof as someone slashed it when my mate owned it.
any way bad63r has got some pictures to put up and a video.

Right then chaps. It would seem as though the conversion is now complete apart from alittle tidying and a quick drill and tap on one of the rear calipers to remove and replace the bleed nipple.

But the 6 speed is all in, wiring all done and all lights working. Water plumbed. Only thing missing under the hood now is the washer bottle but thats pretty simple. But anway, on with the pics.

Due to me forgetting to take the camera up for the entire 6 speed conversion. I've only managed to get a few shots to show what was done.

Heres the 306 S16 which already had the 6 speed conversion from a GTi6. This was simple to do as there was no other way other than buying another gear box to make the sensor sit where it should. The old gearbox that was taken out, had the sensor out by literally 10-12mm and that was stopping the spark. Which is why it's all good as the is now in the 205 CJ

So once again we had to play with the stupid drive shafts lol, but all came away pretty simple and as it was only the gearbox we needed, the suspension, brakes, hubs, engine and subframe weren't touched and dropped the gearbox out underneith. Shimples.

petarspugs67.jpg

One big chunk of space left in the 306 lol

petarspugs68.jpg

Heres the box. This needed a few things changing over. The clutch release arm had to be changed and this was the only pain. The pin that holds the arm had to be drilled out but this was soon coreected as the spare pin Petar had allowed him to pop it on instead of screwing it (makes it very easy to change later on):-

petarspugs69.jpg

And here it is sitting nice and snug in the 206 CJ with the new arm and sensor in the right place lol :) :-

petarspugs70.jpg

So now that the wiring has been done, all that was left to do was put the bonnet back on but there wasn't much point lol but here it is, all finished (apart from the odd jobs mentioned above) and in all it's glory lol:-

petarspugs71.jpg

petarspugs72.jpg

petarspugs73.jpg

petarspugs74.jpg

And the bit you've all been waiting for hehe, the video of the old gal running ;)

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back