Crazy Pug world Conversions lol.

Well, what can I say... I think Petar has a thing for pugs lol. So far theres a 205 CJ cabby that is having the beasty Mi16 engine fitted into along with all suspension, looms, box, bumpers, brakes, interior etc. Then theres the 205 diesel which the Mi16 is coming out of. Then theres the cool rare 205 Rallye which is havin gthe original engine rebuilt and having twin 40 carbs fitted with roll cage, coil overs, pug sport straight through exhaust plus loads more. Oh and last but not least the latest addition, the 306 Cabby which is having the engine replaced with a 306 S16 engine (the later 2.016v) with a 306 GTi6 6 speed gearbox, Mi16 wheels, suspension brakes etc.

So good couple of projects going on here. I have a few piccies of the Mi16 being stripped which we did the other day, the state that the Rallye is in and also the Cabby the engine is going into.

So, as i'm off up there today to help do some more work, i'm gonna take the camera and get more pics and upload em when i'm back, so expect pic heavy ;)

It is a funny sight seeing all these Pugs. Funny thing is, theres only one which wont make it back on the road which is the diesel shell that the Mi16 is in atm (coming out today). They will all have something major done to the engine.

Something I just managed to find is a short video of Petar tesing the Rallye when we first got the carbs running well a few months back before the engine was rebuilt. Now bear in mind that this thing is still only running the Rallye spec 1.4 8v engine, but with the twin 40's on. It's err.. well lets say it's nippy, and the scream you can hear is Petars mum lmao!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be1dwG6lUqI

Last edited:
There is a couple of days worth in this little lot and I need to take the camera up again to take pics of where we are up to. But for now, heres the story so far.

First of all we needed to strip the Mi16 down ready for the part to be transfered to the 205 CJ cabby. This was a pain in the backside as all the loom had to be transfered aswell as other parts to help the car cope with the power of the Mi16.

So heres the old Mi16 in the diesel shell being stripped down. Looks a bit sorry for itself now lol.

petarspugs1.jpg

petarspugs2.jpg

petarspugs5.jpg

petarspugs6.jpg

This is the engine we will be removing in the next few days.

petarspugs3.jpg

petarspugs4.jpg

Once we had stripped the Mi16 down as much as we could...

petarspugs7.jpg

Next, Petar had the quite tidy 306 Cabriolet delivered. Wasn't in that bad knick and only need the dash sorting, wheels suspension and brakes swapping over and needs the motor for the roof putting right which wont be hard.

We then had to move the Rallye from out of the garage to make way for the shell of the CJ cabby as this was the next thing to strip down ready for the work to be done for the fitting of the Mi16. Well put it this way, theres a bit of rust on the front panels lol. So we stripped out all of the engine bay, sanded it all down ready for the white hammeright and new panels.

Heres the CJ just before we swapped the cars over.

petarspugs8.jpg

petarspugs9.jpg

This is where the Rallye ended up for the time being.

petarspugs10.jpg

Last edited:
And just a couple of teaser shots as we haven't really started on it yet, but heres the 306 Cabby thats having a S16 2.0 16v engine fitted with a 306 GTi6 6 speed box :)

petarspugs11.jpg

And heres why we need to sort the dash lmao...

petarspugs12.jpg

Will get some more piccies when i go up there next (might be today or tomorrow, depends on Petar working) and I can show you how much work we have done to the CJ :)

What ya reckon so far then peeps.

Right, just spoke to Petar, off up to his place now so will be loads more piccies later on ;)

Busy Busy Busy....

I said pic happy lol, well here goes.

Day started off pretty well with coffee lol, until we came across the first thing we tried to do. The drive shaft. Bit of a pain.

petarspugs15.jpg

petarspugs21.jpg

But none the less, drive shat was freed up so off with the front end and callipers for removing the engine.

petarspugs16.jpg

petarspugs20.jpg

petarspugs17.jpg

petarspugs25.jpg

Exhaust manifold to downpipe was a bit annoying to try and reach the opposite side lol

petarspugs22.jpg

Then before we decided to pull the engine out, a much deserved lunch break of Stella lol...

petarspugs18.jpg

This one confused me a bit. The Mi16 is a 2.0 16v engine with 4 pistons. Heres the 8 branch manifold thats attatched lol. Confused me to start with.

petarspugs27.jpg

Shot of the Mi16 next to the 1.4 that came out of the CJ. Can you spot the difference?

petarspugs26.jpg

Before anything could go back into the CJ, we had to tidy up the engine bay, and white hammeright the rusty patches. This is how it started.

petarspugs32.jpg

And this is where we got to.

petarspugs33.jpg

Much to our horror we discovered that the front one one side had rotted away which is going to be replaced with a new front panel.

petarspugs34.jpg

And heres some more of the parts that will be fitted. Since i've been home, Petar has managed to remove the subframe from the diesel shell, fit it to the CJ and has also swapped the gearboxes over and fitted the engine. I will get some pics of this tomorrow more than likely but coming along well.

i expect u at mine nice and early lol, i hav also fitted the rest of the loom in and plumbed most of the engine bits in, we got to go buy the shocks tomorrow.
pics look good

Sweet. Nice and easy then lol. If you want me up there early, you best get the coffee and bacon sarnies on the go lmao.

more pics to come, i have changed the fuel tank, rear beam so its know on disc brakes, put the gear linkage in and fitted throttle cable, it looks good slamed on 1.9gti rims in black lol

neither can i, hopefully will have the new shocks tomorrow, so will fit them and the 1.9 brakes, fit the exhaust and a few other bits,

rite then, little update for you all, almost all the wireing is done, jst need to sort out the brake lights and passenger side front indicator, other than that all the wireing is done, new shocks and springs will be hear tomorrow and im buying the new front end at the weekend, everything seems to be going well at the moment, jst waiting for badger to come take some more photo's for you all to see

I can't beleive how cool it looks. Especially the one side i payed attention to witht he tar remover and turtle wax, then the plastic restorer on the black bits. Looks wicked and can't wait to get it done.

As far as the pics go, i'm gonna upload em in the morning as i was a totally knackered when i got back earlier. Sat down and had my dinner and nearly passed out lol.

I definatly would get onto sorting the front panel out though so we can get it done :)

Pics are on there way, just exporting them for photobucket as we speak. Another 5-10 mins and theres shed loads of em lol ;)

Ok then here go lol.

Right first things first was to get some piccies of the work Petar had managed to get done himself. All the rear beam suspension and wheels were fitted to the back and the engine was well and truely inplace and supported by the proper mounts instead of sitting on a bread basket lmao.

So under shot of the back:-

petarspugs36.jpg

Loom all in place. The headlights and rear lights/brakes ll work now and the engine loom is pretty much all in and earthed.

petarspugs37.jpg

petarspugs38.jpg

petarspugs39.jpg

Then we proceeded with fitting the new suspension which was Spax Nitorgen gas shocks and very stiff lowering springs. So Petar decided to attack the original suspension with out spring compressors. I ran for the hills when he undid the bolt ontop and it recoiled quite quickly LMAO!!!

petarspugs40.jpg

petarspugs41.jpg

So whilest Petar was dismantling the old, I gave the newer setup a quick spray with black satin to get rid of some of the rust that had built up on the spring plates.

Kind of how they looked before:-

petarspugs43.jpg

And after the repray:-

petarspugs42.jpg

petarspugs44.jpg

We then proceeded with taking all the old calipers and brake lines out to fit the new set-up. Bit of a pain as some of the clips had almost seized solid but Petars persueded them in the end lol.

petarspugs45.jpg

petarspugs46.jpg

petarspugs47.jpg

petarspugs48.jpg

So that was the old smaller brakes, and now with the new bigger ones:-

petarspugs49.jpg

petarspugs50.jpg

Then we were able to fit the wheels back on:-

petarspugs51.jpg

petarspugs52.jpg

Petar then had to get underneath to put the pins back in that hold the shocks in place and also tighten up the drive shaft to stop it falling out when it goes down the road (mental image of loads of metal flying everywhere if it did slip out lol)

petarspugs53.jpg

So once all this was done and Petar was doing a little tidying up here and there, I proceeded with giving the one side a damn good clean and polish, plus a bit of plastic restorer to see how well it comes out. I was well impressed :)

petarspugs54.jpg

petarspugs55.jpg

So the time came where it ready to come off the axle stands and see what the ride height looked like. Again I was quite impressed considering what this thing looked like when Petar first got it lol.

petarspugs56.jpg

petarspugs57.jpg

Then we shoved it outside to see what it really looks like so far.

petarspugs59.jpg

petarspugs60.jpg

Roof up:-

petarspugs61.jpg

And roof packed away properly:-

petarspugs62.jpg

All thats left to do now is get the front panel ordered and then the rest of the panels can go back on aswell as the headlights ands bonnet. But considering it's near the end it looks sweet as anything. I've fallin in love with this little beast lol.

Wow paintwork has come out well. Looking a pretty rusty on t'back end underneath. You sorting that? If you don't have springs compressors and want to be a bit less deadly you could have used few cable ties around a couple of the coils and then un-done the top nut, done that before a-ok.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back