Crashed wheel damage

AD08

Wrench Pro
Car
Civic 1.6SE 02
Couple of day ago i spun my car goin round n island in the wet. It hit the curb and damaged the the rear right alloy. I've had the wheel off and had a look at all the machincs behind the wheel and everything looks ok, nothing bent or cracked and the tracking seem to be ok. I've bought a new rim since and had it fit but the last couple of days i've notice that when i pick up speed theres a strange whiring noise coming from the wheel and it increases the faster i go.
I've also noticed a popping springy sort of noise coming from the wheel at low speed when stopping at traffic lights etc but i dont know whether its coming from the brake calliper or what.
Anyone got any ideas?

is it the back or front wheel mate???
jack the car up anyway,if its the front wheel,,once 1 drive wheel=front is off the floor put it in drive[the car wont take off,[trust me]if you can,get a mate to push on the accelerator while you investegate,you should hear or see what it is

if its the back,same thing==jack it up
the only downfall is,you have to turn the wheel yourself[make sure the car is switched off,car in gear,as you need to leave the handbrake off]

from this you should know what it is
if your unsure get back to me with from where the noise is at
better still, if you can take a good picture of it for me, i might be able to see
make sure the wheel is off though,,its not the wheel causing this..the reason why you leave the wheel on investigating,is because it makes it more ovbious to spot what the problem is..get back to me mate

i've had a mechanic up the road look at it and he said its the wheel bearings. So i've booked it in to sort it.
Thanks for the advice anyway mate nice 1 :blink1:

That sort of thing shakes you up a bit AD08. The suspension geometry should really be checked as well. The last thing you want is to discover that your tyres are worn on the outside edge in 3000 miles. I would have said it was a bearing from your description of the noise.

Are the brakes ok? No wobble on braking?

the caliper looks ok, nothing lose or brake but its making a clicking noise when braking at low speed, pull on the driveway, stopping at traffic lights etc. The machine i took out in it said it might by the ASB or sumat :confused:.
Its booked in the garage for wednesday now so probs find out then.
+ when getting new bearings, he said he's not sure if you have to get a new hub with the bearing costing bout £120 or wether he can just get the bearings on there own.

After a big smack I would be tempted to go for a new or at least part worn full hub;) Are there any breakers yards near you with a suitable part? It would save you a fair bit of cash.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back