Crankshaft pulley

alison

Car
306 hdi
Hi was wondering if anyone could help me. I think one of the wheels that the
fan belt goes round is knackered. I found a thin piece of metal the other day, it was tangled with the belt and pulleys. The thing is I am having a hard time working out which one that has came apart.

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me. I think one of the wheels that the
fan belt goes round is knackered. I found a thin piece of metal the other day, it was tangled with the belt and pulleys. The thing is I am having a hard time working out which one that has came apart.

I would be inclined to take this straight into an independent garage (cheaper than a main dealer) and have it checked out immediately. If you found this piece of metal sitting on your belt, the last thing you want is for something to cut through the belt while you are driving - this will end in tears for you and possibly disaster for your engine.
If you have AA, RAC or similar cover then give them a call and say you heard a very nasty noise from under the bonnet and your scared to start the engine back up. Insist they come down and take a look. It least that would be free!
Good luck ;)

I have got breakdown cover:embarrest:, never thought of that and I think I can get them to take the car to the garage, I had that done about 3 years ago when the fuel pump went:sad2:. I will have to make sure they get the place right, last time they dropped it off at the wrong garage:mad:. Bet you can imagine the panic when I called the next day only to be told that the car wasn`t there:amazed:. Any way it all ended well. Thanks for the advice:love:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back