Costs for A Stage 2

MarkySN

Car
Seat Cupra Mk2. Rem
Hello all. I'm a newbie on this site. I'm gathering info on a stage 2 remap( I already have a stage 1 on my MK2 Cupra) now that I've had the cambelt replaced. Just want to know what ballpark I should be in and any recommended mechanics in London. Thanks.

Stage 2 varies from company to company. Most people think of a stage 2 being a remap and performance exhaust intake and camshaft or turbo/turbo wastegate mods though.

A good remap will set you back around £300-£400 and should preferably be done on a rolling road. APR are pretty good on VAG stuff, I'm guessing it is a petrol engine in the Cupra.

Have you done exhaust/sports cat mods yet? It should raise the power across the band and spool up the turbo more quickly. Is it the K04 turbo in those?

Stage 2 varies from company to company. Most people think of a stage 2 being a remap and performance exhaust intake and camshaft or turbo/turbo wastegate mods though.

A good remap will set you back around £300-£400 and should preferably be done on a rolling road. APR are pretty good on VAG stuff, I'm guessing it is a petrol engine in the Cupra.

Have you done exhaust/sports cat mods yet? It should raise the power across the band and spool up the turbo more quickly. Is it the K04 turbo in those?

Congratulations on an excellent reply |B

IF the car is turbocharged then the absolute first mod should be a larger diameter free flowing exhaust system (THAT INCLUDES A SPORTS CAT) starting from the turbine exit. More power is readily available without the need for cams and P&Ping of the head PROVIDED THAT the internals are strong enough by increasing boost pressure BUT the EMS must be remapped BEFORE using the increased power output or serious engine damage can / will result.

Larger flowing injectors may also be needed if the WOT flow exceeds 85% to reduce the possibility of running lean and melting pistons.

FYI injector flows are measured on the dyno @ WOT as is the fuel pumps ability to supply the increased fuel needed for the increased power.

IMO all mapping should be carried out on a dyno by an experienced operator.