Cost of spraying a car ...

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
I'll be doing my own soon... I have sourced a clean, dust free garage, a lad I know who has around 5 different paint guns and his own mixer... I'll be doing the spraying and I'll let you all know how it went! Can't be that hard! ;)

T9 man

TC ModFather
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
^^^ I thought the same thing until I tried to spray a simple engine mount bracket :embarrest:

The best of TC luck to you Dave when you attempt it :bigsmile:

Last edited:

T9 man

TC ModFather
From
London, UK
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Well rub it in why don't you TN! I know, Stevie Wonder could have sprayed the bracket better than me! :embarrest: :lol::lol::lol:

SLEEPER

Pro Tuner
Nice job TN

But there is the world of difference spraying a large area like a bonnett or roof. Not to say you couldnt do it TN

For larger areas you need a decent compressor and a proper spray gun (minimum) to get a seriously good finish

Oh and practice and patience helps along with a decent sized enclosed area and maybe a heater in colder weather.

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
From
Alone in the dark.
Car
Insignia SRI.
Too true unless you get a massive can of spray paint. :lol::lol:
I am a cheat really been spraying for years with my dad.
It's a ghetto setup but we've had some cracking results.
Got a huge oil less compressor and picked up quite a few attachments over the years.
Once rebuilt the whole front end on his 2.8 Capri. Whole new front end and engine bay spray.

Nice job TN

But there is the world of difference spraying a large area like a bonnett or roof. Not to say you couldnt do it TN

For larger areas you need a decent compressor and a proper spray gun (minimum) to get a seriously good finish

Oh and practice and patience helps along with a decent sized enclosed area and maybe a heater in colder weather.

jarrus

Pro Tuner
From
West Midlands, UK
Car
Suzuki Swift Sport
Nice job T, seriously.good...

@ Dave, sounds good mate, egar to see the results, tell you.what, ill trade you my mechanical tinkering, for your help with spraying in that garage on my car... :) Seriously...... would love to do it...

gaz44

Wrench Pro
From
camberley, surrey
Car
rover 100
my car is sitting in a garage right now, just waiting to go in for a re-spray.
cant get it in as there so busy, but it's worth waiting for a good job.
i reckon the cost will be around £2500 and its only a metro.
paint alone will be around £600, and it needs a heck of a lot of prep work first.

davalav

From
Essex, England
Car
Mini Cooper S R56
Nice job T, seriously.good...

@ Dave, sounds good mate, egar to see the results, tell you.what, ill trade you my mechanical tinkering, for your help with spraying in that garage on my car... :) Seriously...... would love to do it...
I'll pull some strings.... Can't see it being a problem. If it comes out crap I'll let you know. Just awaiting pay day to get some correct colour paint and other stuff needed to give a good finish! I am well excited.... :)

RichiesTrucking

Torque Junkie
From
Falkirk, Scotland
Car
VR4 legnum
i didnt even manage to get an even spray on my side repeaters so they will have to be untinted then retinted along with the tail lights by someone who can tint evenly:oops:

probably the same guy who will be refurbing my alloys