Torque Cars

Cost of adding a supercharger

Discussion in 'Clio' started by clio197MJB, 24 April 2010.

1. clio197MJB

clio197MJB Tuner

England - Barnsley
    Car:
    RS Clio 197 2.0
    Just wanted your thoughts on this one guys.

I'm wanting to make a marked difference to the performance of my 197, this would be ideal for me personally

any rough guesstimates on how much it would cost?

ive been quoted £1,330 inc Vat for a NO2 4cyl system, would i be better going for that, or would my gains with a supercharger be of enough value to warrant the extra money for it to be supercharged??

any advise would be greatfully taken

2. MasterAuron

MasterAuron Very Senior Member

379bhp 359lbft
    Car:
    Mk1 Focus RS
    1200kg car. There's your problem. Even 182's cover the quarter mile slightly quicker. More permanent option than nitrous and cheaper than a charger.

3. BluntyR5GTT

BluntyR5GTT Guest

stoke on trent
    Car:
    R5 GT Turbo
    speak to ktec mate they are developing some cracking performance packages for the 197

4. BluntyR5GTT

BluntyR5GTT Guest

stoke on trent
    Car:
    R5 GT Turbo
    http://www.k-tecracing.com/search.asp?appid=3&catid=5

some clio 197 tuning parts there take a look mate also do full exhaust systems etc the one the impresses me the most is the remap yes it only sees peak gain of 9bhp but look at the 20lb/ft gain in low down torque

ktec are also working on a low pressure turbo conversion for the 197 which will take power to around 240bhp with a big hike in torque

5. aston

aston The Torque Meister

South Dorset
    Car:
    VOLVO and VW
    How about a rear mounted turbo, all scrapyard bits and if done properly no lag

6. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    The remap blunty is on about is basically what renault themselves have done to the engine for the clio 200.