corsa vxr enginr into a corsa sxi

sean springett

Wrench Pro
Car
Corsa D SXi, 16v
hello, just wondering if anyone has fitted the latest corsa VXR engine to a the lastest corsa Ds SXI, if not do think it will be possible, would i have to change the full exhausts system and gear box etc...... my current car has 100BHP, i think th e VXR has around 200BHP. I have seen used VXR engines for sale at £2000 with low milage, but fixing it is the problem i wouldnt have a clue how much it would cost.:embarrest:

thanks i look forward to your reply.

its the unlimited version of the corsa d so am not sure on the chassis being the same or not. em is it not possible to change all the braking system, its probably cheaper to just buy a vxr from the sounds tho.

just new to the forum and my knowledge on cars are not plentyful, cos i have just took a massaive interest of lately.

and any opinion is gratefully appricated.

Correct. You get better suspension, brakes, engine, styling, more goodies and those seats too.

:bigsmile: I happen to have those seats,and the rest of the car to go with them.:lol:

I would suggest to you that it would MUCH cheaper for you to save some money,then maybe in in 2-3 yrs,buy a corsa vxr.They are a fantastic little car for the money.

cars are designed to withstand the engine that they have given, when you start dropping bigger engines into to cars your then start making the car wider, bigger tyres and uprated brakes to cope with the lump, thats my opinion any way, i could be wrong. if your spending that sort of money i suggest you just buy a vxr because they look the dogss ..... anyway good luck mate

Depends how old you are mate im 17 and am deciding whether to boost my 1.2L corsa D up to around 160-170bhp or go for the VXR.

VXR is cheaper for me to buy around £7500 for a 2008/9 reg, but insurance is over £8000!

If i stick with the 1.2L itl cost about 6-7000 to achieve that power and making the car cope with it but my insurance will be around 2000 a year huge difference!

given the choice (if i had the money) id go with the VXR without hesitation but depends if you can afford the insurance.

hello, just wondering if anyone has fitted the latest corsa VXR engine to a the lastest corsa Ds SXI, if not do think it will be possible, would i have to change the full exhausts system and gear box etc...... my current car has 100BHP, i think th e VXR has around 200BHP. I have seen used VXR engines for sale at £2000 with low milage, but fixing it is the problem i wouldnt have a clue how much it would cost.:embarrest:

thanks i look forward to your reply.

For the VXR engine you would also require the 6 speed gearbox, the rear axles with disk brakes etc etc, the cost is climbing, as advised here, better to wait and save the money towards the proper car. (Owner of 2009 1.7CDTI SRI).
icon6.gif

I am guessing that the OP no longer is interested in a transplant as the last post on this thread was September last year :) hopefully he will have seen the error in his ways and bought a Diesel ;)

I know even I was suprised it was so much, considering I listed the upgrades I would be doing to the 1.2 engine to the same insurance compnay and the quote was around 2000 per year, by my estimates with the upgrades such as CAMS, headers (flowed, ported, polished, 3 angle valve job), coilovers, brakes, panel filter, rebore and re-map. The 1.2 would be putting out around 160bhp feel free to correct my estimate if it is incorrect. But that is not far from the 192bhp the VXR has.

I know even I was suprised it was so much, considering I listed the upgrades I would be doing to the 1.2 engine to the same insurance compnay and the quote was around 2000 per year, by my estimates with the upgrades such as CAMS, headers (flowed, ported, polished, 3 angle valve job), coilovers, brakes, panel filter, rebore and re-map. The 1.2 would be putting out around 160bhp feel free to correct my estimate if it is incorrect. But that is not far from the 192bhp the VXR has.

you cannot guesstimate power like that as tuning just doesnt work by quoted figures for each thing ie 10bhp ported head 15bhp cams etc etc. what i will say you would be nowhere near 160bhp thats for sure. my advise would be to save your money and put it towards getting the car you want in the future. take this from a man who spent thousands on a 1.3sr nova and a 1.4 mg zr before i learned the hard way that it just isnt worth it.
no reason why you cant sort the suspension out and possibly get a decent back box for a bit of sporty sound neither of these will break the bank

id say youve well overestimated.

try telling your insurance company that youve fitted the VXR engine and see what they say?

another option would be the SRi (not to hot on the Vaux) which has the lesser spec 1.6 turbo. but again at 17 itll cost a fair whack

id say youve well overestimated.

try telling your insurance company that youve fitted the VXR engine and see what they say?

another option would be the SRi (not to hot on the Vaux) which has the lesser spec 1.6 turbo. but again at 17 itll cost a fair whack

The SRi engine is a downtuned version of the VXR engine :)

Not entirely sure how they have restricted it to be honest just know that they are in essence the same engine, same as the Astra & Vec 120/150 16 V engines :(

Myself, I totally agree that if you want VXR power, get a VXR. But on the otherhand. Buy a Vectra 2.0 Turbo engine for around £500-750 area, drop that in with some bigger brakes and that will give slightly more power but on a very standard engine so it will take it all day long. But if you find a Vectra C SRi turbo with said engine, you can do a 5 stud hub conversion, and use the brakes from the Vectra aswell as the gear box if you choose to then sell the other parts of the vectra to make your money back and you end up with a 190bhp Corsa C 2.0 Turbo for next to nothing, then you can buy a decent suspension set-up and even possibly a few parts from the Astra VXR engine as they will bolt straight on, such as turbo, maifold, intercooler etc ;)

Bit of food for thought for you. But if you wish I can make you a list of how to achive 180-200bhp without going over £1000 which is definatly the way to go.