Torque Cars

Corsa d (induction or panel filter?)

Discussion in 'Other makes and models' started by Jamief1642, 21 June 2013.

1. Jamief1642

Jamief1642 Newbie

Scotland
    Car:
    Corsa D 1.4 design
    Hi all I'm new!

I have a corsa D 1.4 petrol and I currently have a cheap halfords induction filter in it and have been told it will cause my engine to loose power due to my engine not needing forced air so I'm thinking of going back to a panel filter with an air box... Any suggestions?

2. andyalbone

andyalbone Track Warrior

nottingham
    Car:
    Honda Integra dc5
    go back to panel filter and standard air box ive just done the same and my cars seems a little more responsive in the lower revs

3. HugoBoss

HugoBoss The Torque Meister

Australia NSW
    Car:
    r33 skyline gtst
    Hey matey welcome to T.C, pleasure to have you.

4. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
    Good to have you along with us :)

5. McCrash

McCrash Tuner

Ireland
    Car:
    Too many to mention
    By induction filter do you mean something like a K&N 57i cone filter jobby? They're a good job as long as you have a good cold air feed coming to it rather than just sucking warm air from the engine bay. I don't care what anyone says, ANY engine will benefit from better breathing. Half a horsepower is still half a horsepower.

6. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    as above get rid of the induction kit as the cheap ones will just be sucking in the warm air from your enigne. choice is yours if you want to go for a performance panel filter or just get the normal paper filters. on a small engine your never going to see a massive gain to need to weigh up is it going to be worth the cost?
    using mccrash's comment above half a hp is still a half hp. well if its costing you £40 for 1/2 a pony when you put that towards a remap, again your not going to see a massive gain but £200ish for maybe 8bhp is alot better money spent than £40 for something thats doing next to nothing. ether way flog your induction kit to someone else