Corolla turbo conversion

v12mcs

Hello has any one changed the 1.3 engine in a 92-97 corolla for the 1.3 turbo unit from a starlet or know where i might find information on this topic. Thanks

To be honest mate the power to weight ratio of the corolla will proberbly put too much strain on the turbo itself.

What I would recommend that would make it a woth while conversion is to drop and old MR2 or GT4 Turbo engine in. Would be closer to the 200bhp mark and the turbo would last alot longer.

Would be easier than fitting a 1.3 turbo and would be more worth while to do so.

If you need any advice on the conversion by all means check me out as I have just finished a Turbo conversuion in my Vectra.

Check the link for my conversion ;)

http://www.torquecars.com/chat/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1533

I have seen some trick Celica engine swaps in the Corolla and they make pretty good track day cars.

I had a 97 corolla 1.3 GS and although economical the 1.3 engine was underpowered especially when you turn on the air conditioning. The 1.6 6 speed is a much better proposition as a motorway car.

I know someone who tried installing a 4EFTE on his E100 (with a 4EFE) and ended up being fed up later of the performance that the turbo provided. The air conditioner didn't perform too well and he had problems with his CNG kit as well. Basically, corollas are heavier than starlets, as far as I know, and the weight/turbo don't go along with each other too well.

If you want to swap anything with yours, why not go for a 1.5l 16V 5EFE (if you're more biased on fuel economy) or a 2l 20V 4AGE BT or ST (if you want brute power)?

myself, is planning to turbo charge my geo.. if anyone doesnt know, 93-97 corollas (7th gen) have the same engine as the 93-97 geo prizm.. i have the 1.6L, im going with a .42mm garrett turbo... still doing my research but its all going to pay off. i do know that u can trubo charge the stock motor with stock internals with max 7psi of boost... however, you would need to drop your compression cuz the 4afe motors are 9.1:1 compression ration.... im going with a thicker head gasket, and port and polish both my induction side and exhaust side..im aiming for 7.5:1 - 8:1 compression...if you can get 7:1 ratio, the better... i will keep an update or a thread about my process on turbo charging my car.... message me for any info....