Consumption!!!

not really, remove an injector and run it as a lumpt 4 cylinder ;)

you could cover some of the radiator to heat the coolant up quicker, block of some of the intake so less air enters easily

Assuming everything is in order and servicing is up to date then driving style is the single biggest contributory factor in determining fuel usage.

Well I had a chat with a couple of people at the dealer and HDi fun said the same thing. So there are no actual mods to decrease fuel consumption according to the people I spoke with and that has been confirmed here. On the other hand I feel that I should give the numbers which are 6.8L/100k on road and 9.4L/100k in the city taken by myself. Nonetheless, on paper the numbers are 6.8L/100k and 9.2L/100k. So it's pretty close.

These numbers are the average of my data keeping and are mostly taken at the end of winter and almost all summer. I think that these numbers are a good reference for those who wonder if they consume to much on their Mazda. By the way according to the dealer fuel consumption is supposed to decrease after the first oil change which did happen.

Thanks for answering.

Ps: Numbers were taken with correct tire pressure, oil fill, fully functional mechanical pieces and normal weight in the car (5 passengers most of the time).

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back