Competition in the car industry

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Is competition in the car industry a good or bad thing?

Do you think cars would be better if we had just one car maker with a wider variety of models and options?

What about cars produced with co-operation with one another? Are these better than a car produced and soley made by one company?

competition is a great thing in the car world, it what gives us different varietys
varietry is the spice of life waynne

if cars were made by 1 company, why would people buy the dearest model
heres what i mean

take 2 toyota lets say,
toyota corrola 15,000 euro, toyota avensis 30,000 euro

both cars have comfort, reliabilty, both good on fuel, easy to maintaine, and both can reach sppeds over 100 mph, why would you buy the dearer 1, when the cheaper 1 does the exact same thing

competition is why we have such good cars today, ever company always trying to better the other, its why tecnoligy is always getting better in cars

Competition is always best, without it we have no innovation and choice. Would be like living in Russia under the rule of Stalin, and look at the crap they produced. Only one option is not a choice.
If you have cooperation then it is similar to buying from a single producer.

We must always strive to esnure their is competition otherwise we will end up with no innovation and no choices.

If it was 1 company it would be like only being able to but 1 hot hatch, so no choices between VXRs/R32s/S3s/Clio Cups etc etc. I am sure that we could have a long discussion about which is best?

Bring back the real british motor car racing with every kind of normal UK road car with engines shoe horned inside them :)

There were multiple factors, but it didn't help that identical models were available from multiple marques and that no-one bothered carrying out R&D on replacements.