Comfiest car seat?

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Had a discussion with a chap yesterday about cars and some how we got onto the subject of seats.

Now in his opinion as some one who has driven an awful lot of various cars and he was backed up by another stranger in the cafe; you just cannot beat the seats in a Volvo V70 :blink:

Apparently the design and comfort of the seats are just sublime.

My own Saab is good but not great if I am honest. The Saab TX range of seats which I upgraded to, are much more performance orientated, so the side bolsters etc are much more supportive when throwing it around a bend.

I very rarely carry rear passengers, so I cannot recall getting any feedback as to their comfort or discomfort on a journey in the beast.

Can anyone recommend a contender to the V70 crown?

The most comfy seat I can recall was in my 1987 Nissan Bluebird.
The Sierria sapphire I owned after that was a close second.

My old Peugeot 405 estate had the most comfortable seat and driving position I've personally experienced

And back seat wise my mates mum's Renault 21 was like sitting on a sofa

Delving back into my dubious car history I recall that, at the time, the seats in our Vauxhall Royale felt like driving from a comfy armchair.

My Lancia Thema and my Porsche 944T are the best seats I've had. Lancia for sheer armchair comfort and Porsche for comfort and support as they were the SE spec luxury sports version. You sat 'in' them more then 'on' them

My 97 Primera P11 was sensationally comfortable and outrageously adjustable.

They pinned you in as well for the twisty stuff. The P11 Primera was a sensationally grippy and agile car with fast steering and near perfect body control. Shame most were bought by elderly folk who never appreciated the dynamics of the car.

Got to be honest when I test drove an L200 warrior a few years back the seats were like sitting in an armchair. My SRT seats now in the 300C are like barker loungers, they're pretty damn good.