Combination

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
Right guys,

Tell me everything you know about getting alloys and lowering suspension. I think I remember that they restrict each other. If you get bigger alloys then you can lower the suspension more or something like that?

"2001 Peugeot 206, HDi 2.0 Turbo Diesel"

Whats the biggest Alloys I can have? Ive seen some lush ones that are 18"

Will they fit?

My mate said they might rub the front arches when I turn.

18'' will definately need some arch modification, by widening it. that wil stop any rubbing occuring.be careful on wheel width aswel, as this can rob you of a nice drive and slow you down.

personally i'd work towards 17'' wheels, 206's have large arches anyway, but have it checked fisrt incase they rub. and lowering: if you go too low you will scrape all of your aprons on the road and rip it off if you go over a speed bump. look at lowering 40mmish but it might be less with larger wheels

you can buy lowering springs which replace existing springs but are shorter, or mighty coilovers. coilovers allow you to lower your car from a range usually from 0mm to 60mm AND also allow you to alter the handling by stiffening or softening the suspension reducuing roll and overall bounciness :D

Sorry I missed this thread guys. Use the calculator on http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/alloy-wheels.php to get a good guide on what keeps the same overall dimensions. Technically a 1 inch taller rim and 1 inch shorter tyres will keep the same overall diameter.

Personally Alloy wheels are for looks and the bigger you go the worse the performance of the car as the gearing is also altered. 17's look like the best compromise to me. Also with lowering for best performance stick to 30-35mm.

I was going to lower the car by 30mm and get 17" Alloys.

Based on the replies in this thread so far, it sounds like a reasonable idea.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back