Torque Cars

Colour Theme

Discussion in 'The Paintshop' started by aswearing, 10 March 2011.

1. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    I'm in need of a colour theme for my car. Previously I had a pleasing black and green, but now I have a different car where the standard interior light (Dials, stereo and switches) is orange(ish).

The car is metallic grey with anthracite alloys and the accent colour is what I'll use for interior and exterior styling - but I'm not sure what to go for? Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Here's the car: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60494779@N08/5513387751/

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    So you are keeping the grey mettalic paint on the outside then? Carbon fibre looks stunning against this so I'd probably just blitz it with some tasteful carbon fibre parts.

3. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    Ahead of you on that one! I'm looking to purchase carbon fibre vinyl and wrap the bottom of the bumper underneath the lower grill but only the thin part (between the fogs). I'll also the spoiler and the rear bumper has a plastic insert (like a diffuser) which I intend to wrap.

Not sure about the wing mirrors though - might be overkill.

4. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    Post a couple pictures mate.

5. Massive

Massive Torque Master

Weir
    Car:
    Clio 172 Cup
    carbon and silver i think maybe best in that?

i think im going for orange black and chrome under bonnet

interior hmmmmm dont know yet lol i want an orange body wrap though :love:

6. aswearing

aswearing Torque Master

Doncaster
    Car:
    Micra 160sr
    I've decided to skin the spoiler and parts of the bumper (rear diffuser and under the grille on the front bumper) in carbon fibre (real) and match the interior. I'm just worried that it would be over the top: with CF handbrake, gearknob, parts of the centre console, pillar trim and dial housing.

I feel a massive photoshop session coming on! :cheesy:

I do like this decal: http://photos02.otomoto.pl/photos/original/C10/01/82/C10018285_1.jpg

From the Micra R, but not sure how it would match up with my car being a darker grey :confused: