Colour suggestions for widebody 206??

Have you thought about a lime green with a few black or carbon fibre highlights?

It would also look great in most strong colours, red Yellow, white and black.

Have you thought about a lime green with a few black or carbon fibre highlights?

It would also look great in most strong colours, red Yellow, white and black.

i saw lime green on ebay and it looked nice but it stand out too much and im not really up to that. I will definitely go for black highlights in bumpers but I was thinking more of light colours like light sky blue or light grey. thanks for your suggestion anyway

How about something like a candy blue or red? On another note I hope you've got some power to back up the looks and haven't left things like brake drums visible.

How about something like a candy blue or red? On another note I hope you've got some power to back up the looks and haven't left things like brake drums visible.

you mean colour coding them as well yh? if yes, they can be painted as well...not gonna have a blue car with red drum brakes if you kno what I mean

you mean colour coding them as well yh? if yes, they can be painted as well...not gonna have a blue car with red drum brakes if you kno what I mean

No, I mean get some proper brakes in there. Get rid of the drums completely. Too many 'show cars' have little engines lacking power, which means tiny brakes. Widebody kit means big wheels. Put all that together and essentially you will make your brakes look even smaller, so get a BBK in there and it'll look (and stop) much better.

Make sense?

I kno what you mean now, going for some new better brakes means more money have to be put into the car...not at the moment but later on i'll do that especially as Im wondering whether to put a bigger engine in it right now. Do you think its worth buying a donor 2.0 GTI to replace engine and even brakes if possible

I kno what you mean now, going for some new better brakes means more money have to be put into the car...not at the moment but later on i'll do that especially as Im wondering whether to put a bigger engine in it right now. Do you think its worth buying a donor 2.0 GTI to replace engine and even brakes if possible

Definately, if you get one with a nice interior as well you can upgrade the seats and steering wheel etc.. or sell on the bits you don't need to cover your costs.

Definitely. Then you can rip out everything you want and sell the remaining parts to make some money back.

What engine is in it atm?

Honestly....I would finish it off in BLACK MATT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matte-black-maserati_460x0w.jpg

audi-a5-coupe-matte-black-tuned-by-avus-performance-img_4.jpg

Red, white is very nice as well, don't take me wrong, BUT with such a superb body kit I would go for matt black. And if thats your taste, maybe a white gloss stripe in the middle of the car, it depends what you like, I personally would go with matt black, no doubts about that :)

Its 1.1 hence why I want to put bigger engine in this. I already have white leather sports seats in the front so thats fine for me but I definitely need the GTI engine and maybe suspension and brakes if its possible to fit them (which im not sure of). Will sell the rest of car for parts to get some money back.

I like black matt as well, the only thing is that you need proper facilities to paint a car like that and I dont have the access to such...

you are right, its all up to the taste...

Its 1.1 hence why I want to put bigger engine in this. I already have white leather sports seats in the front so thats fine for me but I definitely need the GTI engine and maybe suspension and brakes if its possible to fit them (which im not sure of). Will sell the rest of car for parts to get some money back.

It's always possible! GTi engine + brakes will be a good start. What suspension are you running atm and what do you have planned?

The suspension it is on atm is just standard and not lowered or anything. It could do with lowering a bit but already I need to slow right down on speed humps. Firstly I need to finish the paint job and then will decide on getting donor car as I seen one on a salvage auction.

I would say its quite a large gap, 4 to 5cm. I kno its still perfect to lower it as arches are not a problem as much as this stage but the front bumper is quite low.

You need to post some pictures up as by the sounds of it could be a 4x4 with that clearance! You really need to swap the brakes and running gear over for a 2.0 at least. Visible drums are a no-no, it'll look daft and people will rip you to pieces in shows etc. Otherwise fit solid rims so people cannot see what is lurking behind! (joke :blink1:) Colourwise, a tough one as it is a personal taste thing. I always like a race theme myself rather than the usual paintjobs we see on show cars etc. Depends on if you are an 'in your face' sort of driver.

You need to post some pictures up as by the sounds of it could be a 4x4 with that clearance! You really need to swap the brakes and running gear over for a 2.0 at least. Visible drums are a no-no, it'll look daft and people will rip you to pieces in shows etc. Otherwise fit solid rims so people cannot see what is lurking behind! (joke :blink1:)

I no what you mean about drum brakes, everyone says the same but tbh im not really gonna be on car shows, im just building a nice ride for daily driving...4x4, yh kind of, but it has low profile tyres i got the wheels with which dont give it that 4x4 look yet

I would still change the brakes as a drum set-up is poverty spec by todays standards and if uprating the car then brakes are important. It shouldn't take much to change them for another model, perhaps VTR/VTS as they probably share the same parts? Lowering is another thing that needs to be done otherwise the bodykit will look wrong when coupled with the right wheel/tyre combination, make sure the wheel width and offset matches the looks and arch coverage. I see a Focus near me with the WRC bodykit, the wheels look lost as they look like a snow set-up! (skinny wheels and tyres) Easy for us to throw in a few cents worth as we aren't holding the wallet here!

If i do change the brakes they will be from GTI 206 as I intend to buy a donor car. Well I got 17" on at the moment with 205/45 tyres. I put up few pics soon so you can see how it looks atm. I will lower it all the way, in this case money wouldnt be a problem, its more about the ride height being so low that the bumper scrapes most of the roads.