Colour code matched paint.

Car
celica gt4 st205
Hi I need some cans of spray paint for my mr2 mk1, quite a lot of sites don't have my colour code, does anyone know of any other colour matching services? Is halfords matching services any good? Is carpaintrepair any good, the problem is you have to pay for the paint before they make it and it just seems a bit unnerving.
If anyone knows of a good colour matching service please let me know.

I've used paints4u a few times for different colours and each one has matched perfectly;)

Is carpaintrepair any good, the problem is you have to pay for the paint before they make it and it just seems a bit unnerving.

I don't see why it should be unnerving at all buddy. As long as you give the correct paint code they should be able to make it without a hitch. If your really stuck you could try asking one of those smart repair guys to make the paint for you (might be cheaper), then all you need to do is to buy a spray gun like this for example https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-cas110-electric-spray-gun?da=1&TC=SRC-spray gun

oh I was actually on paints4u a minute ago and they did have my paint code although the name and manufacture years are slightly wrong.
I think for now I'll try the rattle cans but do the smart repair guys match it to my actual paintwork or from a database?

do the smart repair guys match it to my actual paintwork or from a database?

Both if they are doing the job! My chap who I have been using for a long time and now call him a friend, uses a database on the computer in the van. Depending on the age of the car and look of the paint work, his experience tells him he can add this colour or that colour to compensate for age and the current look of the paint finish. It costs nothing to talk to the people for advice, and if like me when I first used my smart repair chap, I popped along to where he was working at the time so that he could see my car and offer his advice, this way he has not had to drive out of his way for nothing.

fair enough, are they like a national company or an independent local company? For its age (25 years) the paints not that bad just patches of rust that I am sorting out, there is a few pale patches but most of it is good, true but the mr2 does not drive properly as it is a project car.

They are everywhere buddy and every town has it's own version. Just punch in: "Car Smart Repairs" along with your postcode into Google for instance and see what is available near you.