Colour code and air filter

MatthewCeltic

Car
Megane 1.4 2001 Hat
Hello there!

I own a Megane 1.4 2001 Hatch and have a couple of questions about it.

I am looking to replace a whole door. It has a nasty scratch and can not be opened from either side. I found a little sticker with my car info, but which one is the paint code?

Another thing, I was planning to put a cone style air filter. Where exactly should I connect it? Should I leave the air filter housing and take out the air box? Or just connect the new cone filter straight to intake manifold, that would involve taking both, air box and filtr box out.

Any comments appreciated!

Cheers!

Hello there!

I own a Megane 1.4 2001 Hatch and have a couple of questions about it.

I am looking to replace a whole door. It has a nasty scratch and can not be opened from either side. I found a little sticker with my car info, but which one is the paint code?

Another thing, I was planning to put a cone style air filter. Where exactly should I connect it? Should I leave the air filter housing and take out the air box? Or just connect the new cone filter straight to intake manifold, that would involve taking both, air box and filtr box out.

Any comments appreciated!

Cheers!

what colour is the car???

Hi nice to meet you. There were not too many shades of Blue used by renault and when you narrow it down to the year there is probably just one left. Have a look at your local part supplier and see what their book says.

It's worth noting that paint fades over time so even if you got the correct exact match then it might still not blend in. The surrounding panels will need to be mopped in to match.

A bodyshop will mix up the paint themselves for a more exact colour match. Don't try to spray a door with tins of paint, you'll never get a good finish.

If you are lucky you might find a door in the matching colour at your local breakers yard. It's worth a look.

I have tried breakeryard.com and they have doors in stock. Need to phone them up and make sure it is the correct one. The scratch is quite nasty about 20cm long. The door doesnt open anyway, so I could kill two birds with one stone.

Any one have any ideas about the filter?

hey and welcome to the forum mate.

colour i cant help you with but if you phone up reanult with the reg they should be able to give you the colour code. they may ask for the vin number if theyre feeling lazy.

as for the filter, you will need to find where your maf is. the easist way would just to remove the airbox and fit the filter in the intake pipe that way its at the front of the engine and you can get a supply of cold air up to it

Maybe worth seeing a good panel beater mate. see if they can heal it and most decnt one will respray the door to match maybe cheaper then wreckers. Panal beater would give you best advice to if the scratch can be fixed and re sprayed the beauty of metal is it can always be fixed.

Go to auto scrap, buy door which you need from one of damaged Meganes. Find someone who is tinsmith and hire him to paint your door. I recommend you to buy K&N air filter. With that filter you will don't have ever again to change air filter, just clean it from time to time.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back