colored tires

speedofsilence

Wrench Pro
have you ever painted a tire
i saw a tire with oarnge sidewalls at a car show

i once had my sister paint a red line on my tires with nail polish once
it was awesome it was perfectly circle

Whitewall tyres were all the rage. I don't think that as a look it is in on modern cars - you really need a wire wheel AKA MG Midget for it to look its best on.

Perhaps we could start a new trend - colour coded tyres. You never know it might even catch on.

Paint is really hard to get to stick to a tyre as it is always flexing so you have to choose your paint carefully.

why not produce a one off colour tyre where the rubber is coloured, and sell them to members of the forum, so when we see sunburst orange tyres on the road we know who it will be! :)

I think that rear window stickers would be more practical! (I pick them up today hopefully! :wink: )

And ..... ORANGE :shock: That will clash horribly with my Purple paint!

and cheaper...

why not have a psychadelic rave machine? :shock:

i guess thats slightly rhetorical now ive typed it :?

I've personally always liked white-wall tyres though i don't know how well they'd look on my Beemer cos it's kind of light silvery blue...erm....thing, lol.

yuck coloured tyres :p ,it would look pretty silly if you had to replace one of the tyres and you not match the paint and you would be forever having to clean them

i cant remember where but i saw a setup on an artists car, in the wheel arches nozzles attached to paint canisters were istalled and could be turned on/off when driving to produce multi coloured tyre tracks.

i think they did donuts on a huge canvas and sold it...

ON MTV I SAW AN EPISODE OF PIMP MY RIDE WHERE THEY HAD SPECIAL TYRES WHERE THE RUBBER WAS SOAKED OR SUMTHING WITH A RED SUBSTANCE AND WHEN THE TYRES SMOKED RED SMOKE CAME OFF IT LOOKED RLY GD BUT I DUNNO WHERE TO GET THEM AND I HAVE ONLY SEEN THEM ON THAT EPISODE OF PIMP MY RIDE

BUDZ said:
ON MTV I SAW AN EPISODE OF PIMP MY RIDE WHERE THEY HAD SPECIAL TYRES WHERE THE RUBBER WAS SOAKED OR SUMTHING WITH A RED SUBSTANCE AND WHEN THE TYRES SMOKED RED SMOKE CAME OFF IT LOOKED RLY GD BUT I DUNNO WHERE TO GET THEM AND I HAVE ONLY SEEN THEM ON THAT EPISODE OF PIMP MY RIDE
they were also on top gear

thing is that they are not recommened for road use has have next to no grip and affect handleing even more

They are specially made - have a peek in the drift forum. Originally it was intended for drifters/show cars. They are expensive and not practical for road use but the effect is very very cool.