Cold steering wheels

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I borrowed a Nova the other day with one of those old plastic steering wheels and it was so cold my hands went numb.

I don't seem to get this with my A3, perhaps leather doesn't get quite so cold or maybe it just warms up more quickly.

What is your steering wheel like on a cold day?

(I'm expecting at least one person to say round! :lol:)

Well I do hope it's round ;) But mines not too bad actually. But I don't really go near it before 11am so I dunno what it's like first thing. I'll try it in the morning.....:D:D

like you say waynne the leathers no too bad, the civic had a fake leather and it wasnt too bad
but the prelude had plastic and it was frezzing for a few minurtes

My windscreen had block ice over it that even warm water didnt loosen, Steering wheel is plastic/rubber and it was freezing, just drove with some wooly gloves on :D

in the summer my rover was soo hot you couldnt touch the wheel for more than 3 seconds haha very dangerous cant remember it being too cold in winter ??

Mine's cold but not so cold I can't touch it. Even worse than that though is when you get your heaters on but it blows cold air at you for a little while!

Mine's cold but not so cold I can't touch it. Even worse than that though is when you get your heaters on but it blows cold air at you for a little while!
yeah thats a balls, but what i do is turn the fanblowers to cold and it makes the engine heat up faster, so it dont stay cold for long

as for the steering wheel, are ye men or mice???
if you start your car and leave for 5 mins like i said you should do in another post, ye wont have a problem
but a pair of driving gloves should protect yer little soft hands, ha ha:D

sorry for been sarcastic in that last post, i worked on the building line since 17 and i dont feel the cold as much because im used to it, i actually prefer cold to heat,

plus the cold is good for wakeing you up in the mornings, you need to be alert driving anyway

sorry for been sarcastic in that last post, i worked on the building line since 17 and i dont feel the cold as much because im used to it, i actually prefer cold to heat,

plus the cold is good for wakeing you up in the mornings, you need to be alert driving anyway

I work in the chillers at Asda! You do get used to the cold. Don't worry about your post mate, I found it amusing! :amuse:

like you say waynne the leathers no too bad, the civic had a fake leather and it wasnt too bad
but the prelude had plastic and it was frezzing for a few minurtes
i think thats because leather is soft material to plastic so it would absorb your body heat faster, i could be wrong though

im just amuzing myself

went down to get my car tracked awhile ago and they said the ramp has a car on it so not today, i was told come back at 1 today so im pissed of actually, im just cheering myself up:D:D

lol I hate going to garages they always try an screw that bit more money out of you. I could do with getting my car tracked come to think of it....:D

lol I hate going to garages they always try an screw that bit more money out of you. I could do with getting my car tracked come to think of it....:D
well the its the garage that fitted the bush kit to my car so they owe me it, i told them not to do the tracking til i got new tyres, now i have i want it done,

this alright though as i still owe them monet for doing so, im going to get the tracking done elsewhere and deduct it from his price

i dont mind, im easy:D

well the its the garage that fitted the bush kit to my car so they owe me it, i told them not to do the tracking til i got new tyres, now i have i want it done,

this alright though as i still owe them monet for doing so, im going to get the tracking done elsewhere and deduct it from his price

i dont mind, im easy:D

lol one way getting it done at least...:D

heated steering wheels/grips are great.

just fitted heated grips on my bike and instead of having hands so cold I could warm them by putting them under the cold tap (ok I could be exagarating a bit there, but still), to having nice and toasty hands :)

There's an innovation in the making here. Electrically heated steering wheel. We have all the others;-

rear window;

front window;

seats;

mirrors;

washer jets;

fuel pre-heater

how about a TQCars original?

HDi is a fairy amongst many. Thanks mate. One big and ugly one, sadly, who still like to keep his little handies warm!! For years I've campaigned for lighter throttle pedal return springs, too. I take the other option - let go of the bloody thing, it's a distraction.

There's no escaping the truth in this place. :) :) Rotten sod

Cheers,

Kind Rgds,

P.

HDi is a fairy amongst many. Thanks mate. One big and ugly one, sadly, who still like to keep his little handies warm!! For years I've campaigned for lighter throttle pedal return springs, too. I take the other option - let go of the bloody thing, it's a distraction.

There's no escaping the truth in this place. :) :) Rotten sod

Cheers,

Kind Rgds,

P.
alright mate, you have an excuse, your getting old lol:D

Yep, HDi has gone from 27 to 38 in one year. It's catching up - I need a few more greys around the edges so that I can call it dignified. At this point I'm just ageing gracefully. Perhaps a comb-over would help. Or a two seater convertible!

How about electrically heated pedals?