Cold start in the morning, vehicle stalls on the first start attempt.

heijunka1

Car
BMW 525i
When I attempt to start my 525i in the morning, it dies after the first attempt, on second attempt I have to revv it a little for it to remain idle...any help with this?

I replaced Fuel filter thinking this was the issue, apprently not....

I also thought about the idle air by pass valve, however where do I find that on my engine? I thought removing the covers would reveal the Idle air bypass, but not there, at least how I thoguht the part shoulg look. But, back to the point of the throttle body, where is this located, I'm an old Ford guy that made a switch to BMW.

I also thought about the idle air by pass valve, however where do I find that on my engine? I thought removing the covers would reveal the Idle air bypass, but not there, at least how I thoguht the part shoulg look. But, back to the point of the throttle body, where is this located, I'm an old Ford guy that made a switch to BMW.

Which 5 series are we discussing? The M52/M54 engines did have some reported problems with the VANOS (variable valve timing) unit.

Such problems can manifest in a multitude of ways.

This particular valve timing system does provide its own internal EGR mechanism and often the simple EGR valve is blamed, replaced and offers no improvement in driveability.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back