Cold Air Intake

wolvngelz

Car
Porsche 933 N/A
Hey guys, about to get a Porsche 933 (1996 N/a) into the garage.

So far I'm looking to replace the air filter, which I've found with ease from K&N but there doesn't seem to be a cold air intake kit for this particular model.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks mate,

To make my own - No idea if anyone where I am knows how to do so.

I heard a K&N 69 Typhoon fits into the air-cooled '96-'98 911's

any idea?

Thanks mate,

To make my own - No idea if anyone where I am knows how to do so.

I heard a K&N 69 Typhoon fits into the air-cooled '96-'98 911's

any idea?

There isnt really a cold air option for the 911 in general.

There arnt much gain to be had to be honest.

There is a rear spoiler that has two ram air intakes. Its an expensive option though.

Wolvngelz, sorry your post contained a link so it got stuck in the mod queue as you have less than 10 posts. I've approved it for you.

It looks nice I bet it sounds even better when installed.

Thx Wayne,

But unfortunately that's not for my model : (

Still trying to find something like it for mine.

There are cone filters out there. As I said they mainly just make it sound nice. Not much power increase unless you can get some ram air in there.

I do like the beautiful sound. And I actually found an extremely costly cold air intake by Gruppe M. Will think about it.

Thx tho

By the way, links are up but the mods have to approve them cause I'm new. So expect them soon

approved for you

at least you noticed that they needed aproved

the gruppe m stuff supposed to be very high quality stuff - would hope it would be at around a grand each.

A friend of mine just put together his own cold air intake system and he has seen some market improvements and it didnt cost him very much at all. Just involved a ally trumpet and flexible hose.

Does anybody else notice that that is placed away from direct air ?
the air will be flowing fast over the top of the engine cover and will just rely on the suction of the engine to overome this.

i know he says its giving results so maybe its just the pictures

What you want, ideally (and imo) is something like you can get for the MR2's. Ugly but you can't have everything:

garage.php

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back