coilovers!!

hazzagrant

Wrench Pro
Car
ford fiesta st
Is there any point in installing coilovers, ive researched about it and found that theres only a limited amount you can go before incurring other problems by going to low.
I possibly fancy doing something to the suspension, but all i can see is the best thing to go for is a good sport spring kit,
I understand that coilovers are good for tracks etc becuase you can adjust to proference of the track etc, but for fast road use is there any point.
However i may be wrong??

it depends mate i have the same view as you about coilovers to me they are only really anygood if you plan on doing track days where you can adjust them perfectly for that track!

but i recently bought and fitted some for the simple reason they where as cheap as the sports shocks and spring setups and once i get the ideal hight for me i probably wont ever adjust them again

Have recently fitted Tein Coilovers on the Scooby and they are great, this has been straight from standard suspension to this so not sure about standard uprated sports kits (although have ahd these on other cars) but this feels much harder. Disadvantages are if you drive down "B" roads a lot then you actually have to go slower because the poor surfacing and subsidence issues etc throw you around more.

I love coilovers. Drop it low during the fairer months, raise it up in winter, damping adjustment so you can have a smooth daily drive to and from work and then stiffen it right up for those weekend country road blasts or trackdays.

You can get a lot of kits at really affordable prices now. Obviously the bigger brand names are pricey but they are more focused at drivers with aspirations above commuting and the occasional jolly.