Clio Owners introduce yourselves here.

HI Clio tuner - welcome to the site. What mods have you got planned? Are you doing visual mods or performance mods or a mixture of both.

hi i have a 1.4 clio maxim sport, with a few mods, K&N, exhaust, alloys, lowered 35mm and some colour coding.

Hi Denz - welcome to Torquecars - really sorry I missed your post. What do you rekon the best mod you have done so far is? Did the K&N lose you any low end power? With the lowering do you get much grounding (suppose it depends on the size of alloy wheel that you have got fitted!)

i do get abit of grounding but only on the lil sharp speed bumps that are about. would have to say the lowering is the best mod, makes it so much fun round corners, only got 15's on there, didn't want to go bigger cos its abit under powered really. the k&n defo loses lowere end power, have been thinking of getting rid of it and putting a standard back on but will leave it on there for the winter-loves the cold air, but hates hot summer days.

I would switch to a panel filter - they seem to be the best compromise. Have you got a cold air feed pipe?

Got any photos - the Williams is something special. Renault seem to do some really good limited editions. Anyone remember the Gordini R5's?

clio3

hy i am new on this forum. i would like you to help me with some tuners for renault clio 3..i am searching for clio3 1.6 16 v parts especialy i want some cams. give me some links or the name of some renault tuners. i tried k-tec but no cams there only air filters an lowering springs(35 mm - nice).
10x

Hi. I'm new to this forum and I have a Clio 1.2 8v. I know it is the slowest one... but i must say that I can get good mileage out of it and it seems promising, but I haven't found many tuning tips for the small engine but interior and exterior there are a lot of choices. If you have any tips for me please tell me, any new idea is good :)

I've been seeking some good upgrades for my engine but it seems that all I found was a new manifold and some foam elements for the intake. Could these really give a noticeable difference? Can anybody tell me how will these affect my fuel consumption? I also found some parts for the 1.2 16v (I have a 8v), can i fit these to my engine, will they have the same effect? I found all the parts on the k-tec site. Please help!

Hi Feingreth and welcome to TorqueCars. We have a few members with the 1.2 engine. I know this is going to sound harsh but you should save your money and upgrade your next car. Use this car to build up a good reputation with your insurers and your next car will be a much better one to tune.

Even spending a lot of money will not raise the performance of a 1.2 very much.

Stick to improving the handling, fit an FSE boost valve and panel air filter and if you want the noise get a sports exhaust (although this will not increase power and will reduce the economy)

Thx waynne for the suggestion. I've been thinking myself of buying another car but right now i don't have the money... I'll stick with improving the handling and maybe a foam element air filter.

It is a fuel pressure boost regulator valve. It makes the throttle response more snappy and gives a faster takeoff. I added one to my last car and it made it feel a lot more nippy. Top end power seemed better but I think this may have just been a placebo effect. :wink:

the panel filter will be a good idea it will give you a couple of brake where as a full induction kit will geneally lose low end power on small cars

the FSE valve ohh i see wannyes just replied to that

I found a tubular manifold for my 1.2i on the k-tec site and they say that it will give "good increases in torque". Is that good for something? I know that a polished steel manifold will increase the power output but is it worth paying 250 pounds for it because it doesn't seem that it will really help that much my little engine:p

the torques the shove in the back that you feel when the foot goes down

any increase in torque is a good thing it gives you a better in gear accelatration, this is why diesels have more shove in them throughout the rev ranges where as a petrol needs to be dropped a cog to get higher in the rev range

if its worth the £250 it depends on how muchh you want to the car. generally most people will only go for cat back exhaust as the cat is the most restrictive part. if your going to go for a low restriction manifold it would be a good idea to change the cat for a sports cat as well.

i cant see the point in the changing to a low free flowing manifold then back to a higher restrication cat then back to a free flowing cat back

Thanks for the tip pgarner, you are very right. I completely forgot about the cat, I will seek something that goes with my car and I will post the results as soon as I'll find the time and money :p (I'm a student so... a bit short on cash :D)

Hi K2ogh and welcome to TorqueCars. 17's are quite large - I wouldn't drop more than 25-30mm. Get adjustable shocks for best results as you can try a few different settings. The other option of course is Hydraulics or Airbag suspension where you can adjust the height setting instantly?

Ref your power question. You can spend a lot of money for not a lot of gain on a 1.2. An engine swap would be the cheapest and best mod - get a 1.6 or better engine and this will respond much more to tuning. A sports exhaust will make it fun but don't get an induction kit - stick with a panel filter instead.

cool thanks for advice i was going to buy a 57i induction kit will the panel filter produce the same noise or? cheers k+n or pipercross?

no the panel filter wont make the noise but youll get the slightly more power across the rev range

dont know what one suits the cars better ask around other clio drivers if they panel filter and which ones. ether way your only looking at a couple of brake

keep an eye out for scrappys with the brand new clios with the 1.2 turbo. granted its not much more powerful, it produces the same as the 1.4, but will be open to more tuning opportunities
be warned thou i dont know if this engine has been released in the uk yet or if its set up for next year

will it leave holes if i take the badges off my clio 2 or will it just need buffing etc? cheers lads

i have 16" bk racing wheels with 225/40/xr16 on them i want to put smaller tyres on them wot will be the smallest i can get on, cos they are rubbing on my wheel arch and dont want to put spacers on. cheers im hoping for at least 215eens

why do you want the really fat tyres for in the 1st place a 1.2 would be more than happy with 195 they would also be alot cheaper if you go through then quickly, although youd need new alloys as they would be too wide for the tyre

how much are they rubbing if its not much ave you though about rolling the arch or bening the inner a bit more if its possible

i dont want the wide tyres i just wanted to know if i could get a smaller tyre on the rim that wouldnt rub cheers. i mean 215 shouldnt rub but of course 195 would be better but 30mm is to much of a differerence dont you think?