Clio 197 removing the airbox.......

clio197MJB

Tuner
Car
RS Clio 197 2.0
i have recently bought a K&N Apollo induction kit, when ive opened the bonnet i realised that in order to fit it i would have to remover the old air box and filter (obviously), as there is no space to run a hose alongside....... ive removed the filter from the box and disconnected the air hoses(that i can see...), but i cannot remove the box!!!! help.

secondly, from the air box there is a hose that goes off into what looks like the air mass meter housing, if i disconnect this hose and run a different induction hose with filter on it, will this effect the performance as the cars ecu will be reading the air mass from a hose that is connected to nothing??????

Can you explain a bit more, is it the bottom or top of the box that you can't remove? Is there a hidden nut underneath it?

The car's MAF sensor really does need to be in the incoming air stream otherwise you will have problems. You might need to fabricate a short bit of pipe to house the MAF sensor just after the filter.

the incuction kit should add after the MAF or have a connection for the maf in it - would have thought someone like K&N would make a direct fit kit rather than the universal but fits nothing

if you run with the maf on an unused pipe then there will be no vacum to draw the air in though it causing you to get wrong readings so wrong fueling

Was this a universal kit then? You really do need that sensor to be inline. Can you fit the induction kit inside the airbox?:eek:;)

What year is your Clio? Can you post us up a pic? (I think you will need 10 posts before you can post up a pic!)

the apollo kits are supposed to be part related to the car / engine so it should be a straight swap over.
are you sure the kit doesnt actually fit onto the MAF housing ?

no im pretty sure the filter doesnt fit into the MAF, thanks for the info on the pipleline to the MAF!! er......no bolts that i can see that is still attatching the airbox to the car!!!!! totally f*&^$d off with it now lol, i may jus have to pluck up the courage n take it to a pro......... i hear tills ringing $$$$$$

It's a simple job, if you get someone to do it you are looking at less than 1 hours labour.

Let us know how you get one with it. I feel your frustration buddy!