clio 1.2 tce, been had off evans halshaw??

mart321

Car
clio 1.2 tce
Ok I've just bought.a 1.2 tce dynamique 2010. But when I type the reg in on the internet its coming up as a dynamique (75) with no mention of tce turbo. Arnt all tce meant to be 100 bhp. I have looked under the bonnet and all the tce pics I've seen have a engine cover with 1.2 tce wrote on.mine does not. My friend looked under and he said it definitely has a turbo in it. But how can you tell the tce apart from the cheaper 16v version. Can anyone help clear this up???

Welcome to TorqueCars.

Firstly what was it sold as and secondly what did you buy according to the signed paperwork? If it has been mis-sold then have you thought about taking it to a Renault dealer to verify the model?

ok, it was sold as a 2010 renault clio TCE dynamique on the autotrader ad. paperwork says renault clio 1.2 tce eu5 dynamique. it was bought from evans halshaw renault, they are renault dealers. when i quoted the reg on the phone to aviva he said it was a dynamique (75) and i said not the tce 100 turbo, he said no, that was on the list but yours is coming up as the dynamique 75. i typed it in on a reg checker on the net and it came up the same dynamique 75

phone up another reanult garage and give them the reg number.

clamber under the car and look at the exhaust manifold youll see a turbo

Ok, I've found a sticker on the inside passenger door that says tce dynamique,its just a silly little sticker though but I've also been told by someone else that all tce have the engine cover with tce 1.2 wrote on. I'm going to phone a Renault dealer up today, I've wrote down the number stamped on to the engine, ille post again later

ok no luck thus far all servicing and mechanical areas in renault closed today. i also dnt think ive got the proper engine number in the manual it says that on the 1.2 its on the engine cover. mine doesnt have an engine cover. ive looked everywhere. all i have as a number stamped in the steel. the manaul also says if it is a tce then it will have d4f turbo in the engine number as apposed to just df4. ive spent about half an hour scouring around inside car and cant find any engine plate or number.