Classic cars

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are your thoughts on classic cars? Would you ever consider owning one?

Does reliabilty concern you? What about a classic that has been fully restored and modernised? Does that ruin the charm and feel of owning a classic?

I seriously considered a Stag at one point. I read so many horror stories about reliabilty and cost that it put me off. I think that if I did go for a classic I would get a modern fuel injected put in and a decent set of modern suspension components.

The older members would all say yes I guess. Basic engineering and easy fault finding if anything were to go wrong, no need for diagnostics and laptops! Driving would also be a pleasure as you would be part of the car and learn to live with all its faults and idiosyncrasies. Sitting on real soft leather, touching real wood and quality guages and admiring the chrome! All of this not in a Rolls!

well i might be getting another one not to sure about it or how long i will keep it for
but might be getting a 1978 trans am same as the smokey and the bandit black with a gold bird

I want another SEC, For me the best Merc ever built that is affordable, this time it will be a 560 though, (last time it was a 500)

MG2.jpg

One of my old MG's. I'd love to have another one day. Something i would like to have again is a Mk3 Cortina, i loved those and had three of them.
In the background is one of my GTO's, another red one. :lol:

I see cars as utility machines (but I still want them to work properly). I admire classic cars and those that use them. Personally I'd prefer modern machinery that comes with reliability built in and a good margin for safety should the worst happen.

i had a 74 mgbgt in green with a full webasto sun roof.
was nice.

still prefer my jag though.

got a 1958 ariel square four motor cycle as well.:)

i dont like mgs never have for me i dont like the drive and they are to small
but then could say that about all old british cars to a point some were nice and some big

I like something special like a classic Porsche, Aston Martin or Jaguar DB. A standard old car does little for me.

Want that bike!

The classic scene in the UK has never realy interested me, all those rusty triumph cars and MG's, and the tweed, even the european classics, (maybe with the exception of some of the old ferrari's) seems a little dull compared to the modern market. the only classic scene that could be tempting is american muscle, its a lot more exiting than its counterparts ( which would you rather own - an MGB or a Mustang )

Just my opinion, peoples tastes are always different.

I really like classic cars and youngtimers(not all of them offcourse;))
I think they were made in an era where you could reckognize the brand from a distance(nowadays they all look alike:()Fords were Fords,Renaults were Renaults,etc,etc
In about 2 years time my daily will be a Yountimer(15)and i still own my first car i ever bought,wich is now 27(Renault 5 Alpine Turbo:love:)

here's a pic of it how it used to look,now undergoing a full restoration(and will be blue,Alpine blue that is:bigsmile:)

renault038.jpg

How about that orange interior?

Was the Gordini turbo a different model to the Alpine? In thier time these were among the fastest production mass cars on the road! And a few are still going strong. I've seen a couple with hideous bodykits though which is a real shame.:(

Was the Gordini turbo a different model to the Alpine? In thier time these were among the fastest production mass cars on the road! And a few are still going strong. I've seen a couple with hideous bodykits though which is a real shame.:(

I think matey in the Uk they were called Gordini Turbo,and here (on the old continent;) ),there were Alpines,so the same car.

Originally 110 bhp(with a weight of just over 800 kgs :D),pocket rockets.

gr,walter