Classic Alfa in Martina Franca, Italy

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
I spent three days in southern Italy on business 2 weeks ago and whilst there a friend of mine, Costas, took me out in his classic Alfa, what a great afternoon that was! He competes in regularity rallies in Italy. It certainly turned a few heads! Not the usual mode of transport to take to a steel works!

1971 Alfa Romeo 1500 GT Junior

05082009072.jpg

05082009073.jpg

05082009076.jpg

The return trip made my case a bit heavier.............he gave me a set of twin 40 DHLA Dell'orto's! Needless to say I made room for them!

If I was insured he would have thrown me the keys! I had goosebumps when he gave it full throttle and hearing those twin 40's roar! :)

There is a 2 door 1957 Aluminium bodied Alfa Romeo Zagato 1300 belonging to a friend of mine, in Chennai, this car used to be raced in the '60's at our race tracks in India, presently it is in a very bad state. The present owner of the car intends to restore it to its former glory.

nice looks bertone design, but not a lot of poke,although one can work on the engine and make it go a bit faster, but no substitute for cubic inches. Sounds good too with them webers on.