civic sedan 0-100 in 5".

Aarbron

Car
no car yet
hello guys,im from athens greece.i wanna buy the sedan civic (160hp v-tec) and i wanna tune it so it can make 0-100 in 5".im thinking about swapping its engine with integra's. (1.8 200hp) and then put a turbo working at low rpm and stuff.and generally tune it as much as possible so it can make 0-100 in 5".thats all.any ideas?

well you will need to do a lot of other work and have deep pockets.

It is a light car so technically possible but surely it would be easier to fit the turbo engine and save all the trouble of messing about.

Now the above doesnt mean it will be a walk in the part - it wont . You will need to uprate pretty much everythng (unless you have a deathwish)

The turbo isnt likely to be one that works at low revs though .......not if you want it to be that quick.

To get near 0-100 in 5 secs will need to have a car that is capable of the 1/4 mile in under 10 seconds with a terminal velocity of over 150mph (240kph). I am guessing that you will need in the region of 600bhp in a car weighing 900kg. being FWD makes it even more difficult.

Last edited:
Ah, silly me :) Doubling the standard BHP to around 300 should just about do it with, as you say, around a mid 13 second 1/4 time.