Citroen c3 modds, help wanted.

Fnorpan

Torque Junkie
Car
Citroen C3 1,6HDi
Toodles again!

Well here's the thing. I've been rackin my brain trying to find info about, right now ONE specific thing 'bout my car and my shop wont help (bad for buissness they say the tards...)

I can't for the life of me, find anything about what the max torque for the original clutch in my car is... :sad2: Citroen C3 1,6Hdi from 2007.
I am planning on switching it in the long run but still it would be nice to know if I have to change it before remapping or if it can wait.

Planning for me is crusial since I don't have the cash to run into any oops'es I can avoid. :toung:

Thanks for your time!

Being a diesel it'll be high, it may also be shared across other models in the psa range, citroen, peugout and someone else, so you might be able to find it in another model.

I've also found max torque ratings to be really hard to obtain, I only know mine is 300lb ft, 400nm, cos my remapper tolf me.

Being a diesel it'll be high, it may also be shared across other models in the psa range, citroen, peugout and someone else, so you might be able to find it in another model.

I've also found max torque ratings to be really hard to obtain, I only know mine is 300lb ft, 400nm, cos my remapper tolf me.

Since it's a diesel I'm expecting it to be higher than usuall and I have tried to find shared info to, buuut it's the same BS there. Only max torque for the engine NOT the clutch. Been reading three other forums for the same info but still I'm comin up dry. These kinda models are not highly sought after when tuning cars here in swe. I'll probably be amongst the only one with a tuned/styled Citroen c3 within MILES and MILES of distance :p
One of the percs to:bigsmile:

you should be more than fine with a remap unless your rough every time you take off

you would really have to find out who makes the OEM clutch and find out off them what its tested to

you should be more than fine with a remap unless your rough every time you take off

you would really have to find out who makes the OEM clutch and find out off them what its tested to

I am pretty rough with my baby :love:, kind of all the time :embarrest:

Thanks turbonutter, now why didn't I think of that simple answer instead of flying off the handle here at home over the lack of info on the web :p

Yugguy: I am gonna fit a new clutch but the darn thing doesn't exactly come cheep ;) If I can I am savin it til' I REALLY have to do it :bigsmile:

coming cheap yup both me and yugguy know what thats like, were looking at over a grand for an uprated one.

dont be rough when starting as the oil will be cold and likely to do damage to the turbo

coming cheap yup both me and yugguy know what thats like, were looking at over a grand for an uprated one.

dont be rough when starting as the oil will be cold and likely to do damage to the turbo

Nah, when I start it I'm gentle with her like a baby but I love taking rough corners in highspeeds, hard accelerations, breaks pretty much all the time. (without being careless with my fellow road-users ofc)
The guy's in the shop keeps askin me how it is that the car is still in one piece and how in the name of *beep* I can get the dieselconsumption so high:confused:

Well aye, that's why I never remapped beyond the standard clutch rating.

That and it's a 9 year old car that I just trog to work and back in and I'm saving all my cash for a better one.

Well aye, that's why I never remapped beyond the standard clutch rating.

That and it's a 9 year old car that I just trog to work and back in and I'm saving all my cash for a better one.

Sounds like a good idea. For me, I'm really gonna try my best with this car and see how fun I can possibly make it, or til I get tired of it and buy something else :p It's kinda satisfying though to be the only one with this kind of car on meets (least here in Swe )