chrysler 300c crd

jasio1978

Tuner
Car
chrysler 300c
hi. just got myself a chrysler 300c crd touring. pick it up saturday. wanted to know if anybody knew if a re map was poss. 215 ponies as standard, and 375lb torque. should be plenty but you know what its like. its a nice looking car, full startech kit. standard re map should be ok as it is low miles 26k and un moded. or would i be better off moding other parts, and going for a custom re map. please help, cos im stuck with what to do. cheers.:blink:

depends on your budget, do the usual things first, weight saving, induction, exhaust..........shouldnt be too expensive. then when you have made these changes you will feel more of a benifit when you remap, treat yourself to a custom one at that haha

cheers for the reply. would i be right in thinking a re map would be a far bigger boost though then exhaust etc. the standard pipes are pretty awsome anyway, but i could concentrate on getting a bit more air in. Its not exactley the most common car to mod engine wise, so its proving difficult to find much out. as for budget. if its gonna work, i dont mind paying for it. thank u...

yup it can be mapped
celtic tuning - we have a couple of their dealers on here - show a gain of 55bhp and and the same again for torque.

and welcome to the site mate

It will remap very well indeed. The engine is of Mercedes Benz origin and will tune quite happily. You'll see about 430lbft torque with Celtic. They will also tune the accelerator pedal response curve etc. to your liking.

The remap will give you far more than any exhaust/intake combination ever will. Most diesels breathe very freely anyway as the engines don't have throttles.

As for weight reduction and 'traditional' tuning, well, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I think Clio197 has sort of missed your point. Why buy a comfortable and quiet car just to turn it into a noisy and unpleasant one?

Celtic is based in Newquay, Graham and Tony will be more than happy to help, and the results will surprise you more than a bit.

your a gent. that was exactley the response i was hoping to get. if i can get upwards of 250donkies out the bad boy youll see a very happy lad enjoying his ride. as for over 400lb of torque, that must be up with the hemi. wow. id still be a little stuck on the accelerator ped responce curve. would i be right in thinking i should look at optimising mid range performance. next stop celtic boyz i reckon. Ill get some pics of the beast sorted next week. it is a Beast. (if u like that kind of thing) prob not everyones cuppa, but im in love anyway. oh and to the wife if she reads this:love:

All you guys have been awsome.thank u. well catch up again when i get the ball rolling.

much love (terry tibbs):lol:

your a gent. that was exactley the response i was hoping to get. if i can get upwards of 250donkies out the bad boy youll see a very happy lad enjoying his ride. as for over 400lb of torque, that must be up with the hemi. wow. id still be a little stuck on the accelerator ped responce curve. would i be right in thinking i should look at optimising mid range performance. next stop celtic boyz i reckon. Ill get some pics of the beast sorted next week. it is a Beast. (if u like that kind of thing) prob not everyones cuppa, but im in love anyway. oh and to the wife if she reads this:love:

All you guys have been awsome.thank u. well catch up again when i get the ball rolling.

much love (terry tibbs):lol:

Celtic quotes 270bhp - they're very thorough with their research into mapping so I think you'll get this with ease. They also quote 430lbft, I have no reason to doubt this. Pedal response curves are personal things, let them have their wicked way with it first is my suggestion.

When talking of midrange performance with diesel engines, a lot of people think of 20-35mph. Think of 30-90mph as midrange. The in gear shove will be phenomenal if you remap this 300c.

You'll almost certainly get a few more mpg as well. Unless, that is, you choose to drive with lead feet all the time.

Bye4now,

Have fun and report back

Kind regards,

Paul Anderson.

Picked the car up yesterday... wow
It is 100 times better than i could of imagined.

Im new to all this, but am now gonna try to get a couple of pics up.

Also fella's. My father in law, has pt cruiser, 2.4 petrol, 4pot. i dont suppose any one has any idea on what a remap could do to such an engine. I presume the lump is that of a merc too, We reakon as standard its about 150bhp, goes real well, but when you drive it, it feels more torquey than fast. we were talking yesterday and hes well up for it.

thanks in advance for any info.

cheers.

Remapping in isolation is largely pointless with naturally aspirated engines.

The 300c CRD will, however, become exceptionally lively if you remap it - and they're pretty swift in stock tune anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah agreed, 10% gains are usually as much as you are going to get from a NASP engine,

and welcome to the site, and enjoy your turbo diesel power, it a great sensation :)

Brett

Well that rules out a re map on the pt. Other than the obviouse, ie induction etc, there must be a bit of power to be gained from such an engine. would it be gained from an ecu chip instead of a remap.

cheers

Yeah agreed, 10% gains are usually as much as you are going to get from a NASP engine,

and welcome to the site, and enjoy your turbo diesel power, it a great sensation :)

Brett

Thank you brett.

Im loving the turbo diesel power.
The power wen you bang your foot down is simply great. it pulls and pulls and keeps on pulling all the way to... 70.:amuse:

Well that rules out a re map on the pt. Other than the obviouse, ie induction etc, there must be a bit of power to be gained from such an engine. would it be gained from an ecu chip instead of a remap.

cheers

It's the same thing and the results will be the same.

Chip tuning is used to remap a car's ECU when it cannot be remapped via the OBD2 diagnostic port. It's just a different way to change the car's control parameters.

It will be possible to remap the PT but the gains will be insignificant to the point of being pointless. A chip tune will be no better or worse.

Hi mate,, are you sure your Chrysler is 215 Bhp i thought they were 218?
I looked at bying one just befor i got my Range Rover..
anyhow i got my range Rover remapped and it made quite a difference to the power and torque.. and when im driving sensibly, the mpg is better. So i would say go for the remap as i dont believe there is an awful lot you can do to your already well setup engine...

YOu can still do tonnes to them mate, Celtic offer more services to this car than just a remap. It all comes down to how deep your pockets are.

hi mate

I know its an old thread , did you get anything sored on your car ??

what did you think of it ?

what fuel returns did you get when done ?

cheers

^^ Congratulations! I have used Viezu before in the past (At their Bromsgrove HQ) and I have found them to be very good indeed. You must be like a dog with two doo dahs at the moment :lol: Enjoy buddy, but do it safely, that's quite a hike in power ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back