Chrome - do you love it or hate it?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
More cars are being released with Chrome. The new Saabs and even VW/Audi are releasing cars with chrome. Personally I am not a fan of chrome but what about you?

Does chrome do it for you?

it does look nice when done correctly. But really bad when used in the wrong way

example a big black car with chrome wheels looks nice
subtle chrome hints also looks nice

bad example

new saab with the chrome all the way around the headlights really bad

love chrome just hate cleaning it and as i live in guernsey your only ever 2mins away from the sea and the salt water eats the chrome like no tomorrow.

Same here in Kent, the Salty air does nasty things to just about every metal surface.

The Saab is a bit hideous with all that chrome. Even the Mitusbishi pickups are getting covered with chrome now! It looks good only on the classics. Here are my exceptions.

VW Beetle (Original)
Mini (Original)
American cars (Pre 1980)

Like it when it's at the right places and right done. For example on the classic muscle cars it is perfectly done. And plus that it is real chrome not the fake painted plastic crome thingie

The plastic chrome looks ghastly when it starts to get old, you can see the white showing through.

The plastic chrome looks ghastly when it starts to get old, you can see the white showing through.

That's because it's a rip off and not real chrome! If you're gonna put chrome on your car...do it properly. I hate it when it looks like someone has covered their alloys in tin foil!!

example a big black car with chrome wheels looks nice
subtle chrome hints also looks nice

I think above quote just about sums up how I want my Granada to look!
(Even though she looks good in gold but the chrome doesn't show up at its best, as it will ( hopefully ) once i've sprayed her ' Black '.

Chris.. :blink1:

i love chrome more the better but only on old cars in the right places i would never have any on my volvo grill is ok but that has gone now now black

but my trans am i am trying to get every thing chrome under the hood getting there slowly wheels have a polished edge on them door handles are chrome but that it on the out side chrome only under the hood