Chop shop

gummy

Torque Master
Car
skyline r34 gtt
Does anyone remember a tv show called Chop shop with Bernie and Leepu they used to make cars out of other cars usually for celebrities,I remember 1 where they put the complete drive train from a subaru imprezza into a VW golf,i think that was for Johnny vegas,
Can you think of any they did?.:amazed::bigsmile:

Yes they made a car for Martin Kemp and another for Jules Holland - both of which were over the moon with the final creations :)

I think they made one for a footballers sons 17th birthday he was over the moon! i think it was David Genola,i,m not very good with football so i maybe wrong with the name.
The metal they used on the body panels was so thin it was like paper!.

Yes they made a car for Martin Kemp and another for Jules Holland - both of which were over the moon with the final creations :)

However, the following January, Martin Kemp's was up for auction at the Autrosport Racing Car Show!

I was at Santapod when they unveiled the Sumo BMW, the quality of the work was atrocious only covered up by an equally bad paint job, yet when it was on the TV the quality looked.

Was it a charity auction OG? I could understand that then, Martin is known to be very giving with both his time and generosity. ;)

No, it was an auction they hold every year at the show. It is usually full of VERY nice cars, a mix of old race cars and classic road cars. This 'thing' stood out like a sore thumb. Unfortunately, we left before it came up so I don't know how much it went for, if indeed it actually sold.

The fact that Kemp and Holland appeared to be delighted with their cars may have had more to do with their programme contract conditions than actually liking the cars :)

Last edited:
I was at Santapod when they unveiled the Sumo BMW, the quality of the work was atrocious only covered up by an equally bad paint job, yet when it was on the TV the quality looked.

The finish did look good on tv but the time scale they were given to finish i would think not just the finish suffered!!.

The fact that Kemp and Holland appeared to be delighted with their cars may have had more to do with their programme contract conditions than actually liking the cars :)

That's a very cynical statement OG! but probably spot on actually :embarrest:

I preferred bangla bangers seeing lepu and his team building a car with such basic tools it was great to see

Don't know that one herb! maybe I'll catch it on Dave or something ;)
Its based in Bangladesh and when I say basic tools I mean basic saw blades to scrape the paint of, English wheel and lots of dollys and hammers its good to see how cars where made before machines built them

iirc its on YouTube;)

Its based in Bangladesh and when I say basic tools I mean basic saw blades to scrape the paint of, English wheel and lots of dollys and hammers its good to see how cars where made before machines built them

iirc its on YouTube;)

Cheers herb! :)

glad you liked it lads:)
Just goes to show what a good work force can achieve in a month

and I know there are quite a few dodgy things but health and safety is a lot more lapse there

What I found interesting in Bangla Bangers was that the spares (wheels etc) were cheap but the wrecked cars were very expensive.

Also loved the starting of an engine out on the street on the ground.

Also, as mentioned before, stripping the paint from a car using the flat edge of old hacksaw blades.

What I found interesting in Bangla Bangers was that the spares (wheels etc) were cheap but the wrecked cars were very expensive.

Also loved the starting of an engine out on the street on the ground.

Also, as mentioned before, stripping the paint from a car using the flat edge of old hacksaw blades.

I know, I nearly spat my coffee out when the sales guy started off asking for £1600 for a 30 year old rusting death trap Toyota :amazed: it still went for £1200 :amazed: I was just stunned that they paid more than a score for it.

The engine start up on the pavement in front of that crowd was really cool though.

I saw some where they just drove the vehicle half built down the main street,no mot or anything,could,nt do that here!,but as already said they were amazing to watch with the basic tools they had.