Chop chop - Modifying an XJ8

SpeedView

Car
Mazda MX5, Jag XJ8
A little quiet in the Jaguar Forum, eh?

I thought I'd share a few shots of the latest project to fill the garage. John F Kennedy meets John Prescott... ;)

One unsuspecting extra long wheelbase 4.0 XJ8: :amazed:

imag0020.jpg

Some troublemakers: :blink:

pc290901.jpg

img_4345.jpg

img_4524.jpg

img_5767.jpg

Nearly there! :)

img_8451.jpg

Still have the S-Type. The slippers (2nd to last pic...) have been on fire a few times since then though. :lol:

Excellent fun. With petrol at £many these are so cheap now, and bits for 'em are even cheaper than an MX5! :confused:

Thanks for sharing your project with us and do keep us posted. (BTW your post got held in the moderation queue as you have less than 10 posts so I've manually approved it for you.)

Very impressive work on that Jag, but tell me! The Jaguar boys are a powerful and well connected group; do you have to sleep with one eye open now? :blink:

Understood, well I for one think it was bold move and you should be extra proud by pulling it off! Does the Jag still feel firm and is there any roll in the body work at all?

Not road registered yet (needs an IVA test like a kit car due to the shell modifications) but I imagine that it'll drive ok. In torsion (twist) it's stiffer than my MX5 (twist under self-weight between jacking points approx 4 mm, vs the MX5's 6 mm) and there's no problem with the doors whether on the flat or cross-axled: (though it isn't fully laden, to be fair)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OBzADKJeYU

Time will tell!

A little quiet in the Jaguar Forum, eh?

I thought I'd share a few shots of the latest project to fill the garage. John F Kennedy meets John Prescott... ;)

One unsuspecting extra long wheelbase 4.0 XJ8: :amazed:

imag0020.jpg

Some troublemakers: :blink:

pc290901.jpg

img_4345.jpg

img_4524.jpg

img_5767.jpg

Nearly there! :)

img_8451.jpg

Still have the S-Type. The slippers (2nd to last pic...) have been on fire a few times since then though. :lol:

Excellent fun. With petrol at £many these are so cheap now, and bits for 'em are even cheaper than an MX5! :confused:
Here in the States it is a different ball game. I just bought a XJ8 and almost shed a tear when I saw this pic!

i can add to the Jag modified car ideas!

1978 XJS modded from coupe to roadster, 25yrs back!

plus many performance mods, V12 engine.

Attachments

• jag rodstr 001.jpg
    jag rodstr 001.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1
  • wild cat,burnout 006.jpg
    wild cat,burnout 006.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2
  • mazda& jaguar 002.jpg
    mazda& jaguar 002.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2
they are just an old car, many more where they came from!

in the states we been choppin up cars for 70-80yrs, chopped, sectioned, shortened, lengthened, channelledETC.

we call them HOT-RODS, its something of a mind set of a free country, freedom of mind,leads to freedom of life, and leads to many enjoyable pastimes.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back