Chiptuned Seat Leon 1.4

Philippe25

Car
Seat leon 1M 1.4
Hi,

I recently bought an Seat Leon 1.4 that was chiptuned by the previous owner.
img5641d.jpg

is still a little bit slow in the lower gears, is there any modification that i can do for a chiptuned car to give it more torque or is it the way like it is on other 1.4 engines that you cant really do anything to give it more power?

Hello there buddy and welcome to Torque Cars. Your post got stuck in the moderation queue because you need 10 posts before uploading pics and links. I've done it for you this time but have a wander round the forum and get posting mate. You'll soon hit 10.
Whats been done to your car already? Is it just the re-map or has anything else been done?

hi turbonutter69,
Thanks for taking me out of the q :)
i even tried to post it again because my connection hangs alot of the time as well so i thought that was the case.

it is just a simple re-map nothing else has been modified exept the suspension and rims.

Not really. Gains are improved slightly by remapping AFTER the mods (and custom not generic at that). The ECU will only compensate by so much.

and things like an airbox filter or even spark plugs,cables wont do anything for the engine?

Well they won't do any harm, but don't expect massive gains either. I get the feeling you know this already though.

Depending on when it was last done, a damn good service with quality engine oil, gearbox oil, injection cleaner, new plugs and leads, new air filter, oil filter, fuel filter will probably make a bigger difference in the way the car performs as a whole.

Have a look at http://torquecars.potn.com for parts. Personally I would recommend a panel air filter. You wont see much of a gain on a 1.4 and the induction kit will actually limit your low down torque.

Welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along.

Yeah thats what i was thinking but i dont see a panel filter for my 1.4 leon on the site but only for the 1.6,
The link that i stated in my preveos post is a corrct filter for my 1.4 right ?
the shipping costs is a little high to the netherlands but even including those costs its still cheaper then here

One way of checking is to see if both take the same paper filter. If they do then it is a match. If not email the people on the POTN site and see if they can source one for you it might just be that it is not listed or as you suppose it might be the same as the 1.6.

So i installed the panel filter and it just has a tiny bit more revs, sometimes i dont even notice it.
I want to do something with the air intake to the airbox as well because now the stock air intake pipe is really long and goes all the way over the hottest parts of the engine so it gets really hot air, it even takes with it another pipe that comes from the heat sheeld of the manifault..?

Anyway, i read some articles of making an hose/tube yourself that you can connect to the airbox.
i would like to try that as well only thing is if i take the hose to the grill or maybe to the bottom part of the engine it would take in alot of water when its raining, doesnt that really matter that much because its still getting filtered by the airbox.

Your welcome buddy. you only need one more post so you are nearly there.
Also about the item you found on ebay steer well clear of them. They are rubbish.

Yeah i thought so an 99p chip , didnt had that much hope for it anyways.
But is it advisable to rechip the engine after ive done more modifications ? because if i make the airflow better then i only need to change the ecu so it will inject a little more fuel i presume?
this may sound noobish but i never really did anything with tuning, only changed that panel filter

yup mate thats a 3pense resistor in a 20p box and some hot glue.
as for another remap theres no need the MAF, lamba sensor and ECU can accomidate the extra air itself from the panel filter your only talking around 5 grams of air a second more which isnt alot.

so the next thing i will try is make my own Cold Air Duct directly from under/behind the engine or from the grill to give it more cold air.

Did anyone ever try to put the duct hose behind the engine so it scoops up the air directly from under the engine where its still colder, or will it not work that great because it will suck in to much dust and sand from the road directly to the panel filter?

I want to do something with the air intake to the airbox as well because now the stock air intake pipe is really long and goes all the way over the hottest parts of the engine so it gets really hot air, it even takes with it another pipe that comes from the heat sheeld of the manifault..?

its supposed to this is where you get exhaust gas recirculation. in other words it keeps the engine running cooler as it allows the hot gas back in to the engine. this should be ecu controlled.

put it to the front grill if you can under neath the engine as youve said its more likely to pick up stuff,thinking more water if the roads flooded

Yeah but i need to paint them over because the paint is badly chipped, even the logo is damaged :(

img5643n.jpg