Childhood Motors

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
What was the car you admired growing up as a lil one?

mine was without a doubt the 1998 Dodge Viper GTS huge engine on it the body was so sleak and looked amazing and i also loved the Corvette Stingray from the 60's both are equally beautiful and powerful

Be honest look at this photo an tell me it isnt a piece of Art and Beauty

1_full.jpg

I was born in 1970, so my first proper recollection of a car is my Dad's P6 Rover V8, which at that time was a very, very classy car, quick, refined and well-equipped. It's why I've had lots of V-engined cars and why I like saloons best and why my next car will be a V8 Jaguar. I'd actually love a ZT V8 with a supercharger but lack of body parts makes buying an MG/Rover a bit problematic these days.

HEY!!!
Whose got their hands on my S1600 and modded it to this?:confused:Does look G8 though:bigsmile:
Maybe I should say Thanks:lol::lol::lol:

mine was without a doubt the 1998 Dodge Viper GTS huge engine on it the body was so sleak and looked amazing and i also loved the Corvette Stingray from the 60's both are equally beautiful and powerful

1_full.jpg

indeed it does mate gotta be one of the top 10 of all time motors! up there in the lands of the Maclaren in my opinion

Can I add to my jokey reply by a semi serious query?
Let us dispense with the obvious answer NO:lol:
BUT....... IF we were to decide to mod the S1600 into the Dodge, (This is purely hypothetical you understand:bigsmile:) and on the adage that nothing is impossible:blink:
How much do you believe it would be to do it and what would need to be done?
A challenge then to all you expert modders out there.
I said the obvious answer is NO you can't
Under another, money no object;) maybe it is
Another would say forget it buy the Viper (or a copy)
Still, let's see what you guys come up with:D:D

1_full.jpg

The shape of the original Lotus Esprit were pretty Sci Fi and spectacular for the day. That was on my bedroom wall along with a Porsche 911 turbo se the one with a slant nose :blink1: As you can see I have a thing for wedge shape cars with pop up lights:bigsmile:

Attachments

• 911mal.jpg
    911mal.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 3
  • lotus HC turbo.jpg
    lotus HC turbo.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
As a child I fancied a Fiat Super Mirafiori (Fiat 131) with the 2 litre twin cam engine. Fed by twin carburettors. At that time my Dad had a 1.6 litre Panorama estate with a rudimentary 3 speed auto box.

Later the Volvo 760 Turbo appealed to me.

Tickford Capri 2.8 Turbo later on.

From the 1970's-80 the Rally Car Audi Quattro was Sick! immense power and handling would love to see one but they are like platinum dust!

supercar was lambo countach and later the diablo.
The most attainable car i lusted after was ( and this is going to sound very conceited im well aware!) A VW Corrado!

lets just hope one day i can afford the Lambo too! :)

naff123: "Be honest look at this photo an tell me it isnt a piece of Art and Beauty
"

It isn't a piece of art and beauty.

I mean, it is, in my opinion but you did asked me to say it. :-;

Ha ha! Similar thoughts to mine, the Corvette Stingray was a really beautifully shaped car but even then I knew it was only good in straight lines.

The Countach was my bedroom wall poster, a white anniversary model! Tasty. Sad thing is that I can probably (almost) afford one now! I just couldn't afford the running costs!

I also really liked (you'll laugh at this) the Opel Manta GTE! :) It seems to have lost it's appeal over time though!

i'm with pikey, started with the Countach and when they brought out the Diablo moved onto that - would still love to haev the later, just looked such a beast.