Chevy Malibu

Z

zem0nkey

So, first off, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Charles, and I've recently decided after owning my beautiful Malibu that I would like to.. Make her shine ;)
First off, I will have to take care of some minor dent/scratches that she received prior to my owning her, which isn't an issue since, I was planning on replacing the hood anyways. But, anyways.. Back on subject, haha.. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a bit of advice.. I'm not very knowledgeable on much (well.. All..) of the aspects around exhaust.. I was wondering if it was possible to convert my single exhaust to a dual, and what the process would take. It's a 2000 Malibu. I can't find much info online about exhaust systems, let alone involving Malibus. Any help any of you would have to offer would be greatly appreciated. :) I have big plans for this baby, and, this probably wont be my first question. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

changing the exhaust shouldnt be hard as long as there is room for it. custom exhuast place will be able to do it

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Are you loolking for 2 pipes from the back box or one pipe each side? I presume what you are after is 2 pipes either side of the car. You will probably need to get a custom pipe made up and will only be able to do it if there is space around the rear axle/diff etc...

One way is to insert a Y piece before the silencer and add a silencer on the second branch as well. Alternatively fit a silencer before the Y and just spur off into two exhausts or take a spur from the back of the current silencer and branch it into another exhaust. (This is more for looks than performance.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.