Chevrolet

FrioGott

I have a 2003 Impala LS and I was curious if anyone had any parts I should get? I have done a fair amount of research but I am not sure what would be best. Anyone know anything?

Hi and welcome to the site. How much money are you looking at spending and how dirty do you want to get? Do you want maximum power or a compromise between power, economy and reliability?

Do you have the 180 horsepower 3.4-litre V6, or the 200 hp 3.8 litre V6?

Adding a supercharger would be the best way to spend the money. Look also at sports exhausts, uprating the fuel pump, induction kits and getting the head gas flowed with larger valves.

The stock engines are pretty solid and certainly there is plenty of scope to tweak them.

It has the 3.8 liter V6. So I wont have to get a new engine or anything? it will be able to handle a supercharger? A supercharger would be one of the later things I get since they are so expensive. I was thinking a new exhaust kit and cool air intake as an absolute first. I would love to get a super charger right now, but I don't have 5-10 grand right now, but over time thats how much I want to put into it. Also do you know what brands are best off hand? I know theres a ton out there but I have no way of knowing if any are better than others. And just as a personal preference question would you think black or white wheels would look best, I don't really want chrome? It is white. Thanks for all your help Waynne.

Supercharger brands, try Weiland first. Ask around other Chevy owners and get some feedback sometimes what works best on 1 car will not work as well on another make.

White car with black wheels would look fantastic. Why not get a dual colour wheel - black with white highlights. Some firms offer a painting service and depending on the style of the rim you could have white rims with black spokes.