Chevrolet Matiz Performance

Hitman701

Car
Chevrolet Matiz
Hi Everyone. I have a Chevrolet Matiz 2007, 1.0 Engine 4 valves, 65 bhp that i got it for work trough town. The car seems alright but doesn't exceed 45 mph no matter how much i accelerate.

On a downhill the car goes 55mph with 3000rpm.

That's not the right speed performance for this car. This car should reach 95mph max. I know might be clugged the manifold system, exhaust system, the clutch, the pump fuel, the fuel filter, or built some carbon deposits along the system . I know this , but i cannot find the reason exactly as the mecanics are extremely expensive.

Maybe a fuel filter change might do the trick, but im not sure, because acceleration cable and throttle doesn't go all the way in. Its a little rust built around throttle and acceleration cable doesn't pull accordingly.

I just want to ask Professional People on TorqueCars.com what should i do?

Please guys help me sort this thing out ortherwise coming next year i will have to change car, and will be ashamed of 700Pounds i just put in the car to fix all 4 wheels, from rusty to brand new shiny, calipers, disc , breaks, rotors, master cylinders, shoes, drum, even tyres just to improve performance. It slides better now, but still, cannot exceed 45mph . Help Please!

Get yourself a can of BG fuel cleaner and run that through the engine, and fill up with Shell VPOWER. Give it a a series of high RPM hot runs over a couple of weeks, that should clean out most of the carbon deposits.

Worn cylinders can reduce power, is it burning any oil? Do you get white or blue smoke from the exhaust on startup?

If you get someone to fully press the throttle, whilst you look under the bonnet, does the throttle valve fully open or is there a little more play if there is play adjust the throttle cable? (adding a thick car mat can prevent the last 10% of pedal travel on some cars.)

Get yourself a can of BG fuel cleaner and run that through the engine, and fill up with Shell VPOWER. Give it a a series of high RPM hot runs over a couple of weeks, that should clean out most of the carbon deposits.

Worn cylinders can reduce power, is it burning any oil? Do you get white or blue smoke from the exhaust on startup?

If you get someone to fully press the throttle, whilst you look under the bonnet, does the throttle valve fully open or is there a little more play if there is play adjust the throttle cable? (adding a thick car mat can prevent the last 10% of pedal travel on some cars.)

Hi Obi Wayne. You are totally right. I have fixed the car myself because i think the,, mechanics'' don't really know mechanics. It is not a car to talk about, i agree with the other person too. Im sorry for disturbing you guys. Thank you for reply. God bless you!