Chevrolet lacetti sport tuning?

delboy

Hi Ya'll,
My wife has bought a Chevrolet lacetti sport. It is quite a nice car but for a 1.8 is slightly under powered. Does anyone know what I can do with it to improve performance and where I can get it done, I live in lincolnshire so anything local would be easier.:blink:

Hi there delboy and welcome to Torquecars. Sorry for my belated reply - I've been away. There's not much around in the way of parts. A sports exhaust and fast road cam will help but you might need to speak to Piper cams for a custom re-grind. An induction kit will help. These cars need suspension mods - they are not the best in corners unless they have revised this now.;) So Lower it 35mm and fit stiffer springs.

Hi just thought I'd jump on this thread, where can I find an induction kit for a Lacetti, and a decent performance exhaust as I also have the 1.8 sport edition.

Hi wayne, I'm based in Stoke-on-Trent. I've been looking for performance parts and so far have only found an air filter from K&N and lowering springs from APEX, would really love to tune the lacetti to around 200bhp if it's possible.

200bhp from a 1.8 is probably asking a lot unless you go with forced induction, either a supercharger or a turbo. What is the standard power on those? I reckon you could get a custom cam grind which would improve things.

It currently at 121bhp which is totally standard. Want to start with the small stuff first, alot of people have mentioned about induction kits but I can't find one for love nor money

There are generic induction kits around - its then just a question of getting the pipes to match up. Piper cross have quite a wide range of filters, if you can't get an induction kit then look out for a foam panel air filter.

Hi Guys,

Maybe you can help.

We have a Lacetti that is not exactly standard. It has a 2.0 Tacuma engine (8 valve Vauxhall), and produces 122 bhp.

The unit is supercharged, and we had it last dynoed at 165 bhp at the fly wheel. It should produce alot more, and the car is not being properly fueled.

The ECU is an early GM style, and we are looking to reprogram it. The car should easily get 200 bhp at the flywheel.

From whom can we get a software package that will allow us to reprogram the ECU. The car is a 54 reg, so it is now 5 years old.

Best
Dom

Sorry, we did not make any modifications to the body.

We did re-tune the car and now it kicks around 300 Nm torque at 3500 rpm with a 1.8 two valve engine. In my earlier post, I noted the car had a 2.0 Tacuma motor, but the block number indicates the car is a 1.8.

i will put up more info once we have the final dyno figures using the Antonov dual speed SC unit with an OMEX ECU.

Best
Dom

I've got the k&n panel filter and a custom exhaust I'd really love to get it remapped but not a clue where to go or if the engine is the same as any other GM motors it says D tec on the top of the engine. I do have a problem with the abs traction control lights coming on for a while then going off again for no reason, anyone any ideas or help??

check out the abs sensors in the wheel arches, it could be that the crud off the roads is confusing it.
to be honest mate unless its a huge engine (3.0 +) or forced induction (super / turbo charged) theres not much point remaping it your only going to get a small gain

having worked in a chevy dealer for 12months i wonder how anyone manages to tune the engines at all, they are really weak and suffer from loads of problems, we did more in the way of repairs and warranty than services, they are that bad. They wont last very long either based on what ive seen, we had a matiz in that was a year old and the engine was coverd in rust, the body wsnt to great either. the doors can be bent really easily and i left a hand print in a bonnet after closing it, they really aren't worth it.

Hi everyone, I've got a question. A bit stupid maybe, but what engine over 300 hp may I put in my Lacetti hatch?